Do you think that documentaries are biased?

1. profile image53
    BiancaMatthews1posted 6 years ago

Do you think that documentaries are biased?

And also, do you think that documentaries deliberately make the characters stereotypical?
    You're experience and views on this subject matter would be so valuable and would love to hear back from you, I want to hear your view as I'm doing a project on child pageants and documentaries cover stories on pageants a lot recently and I've seen a few of your articles to do with child pagents. Thanks.

2. Rob Jundt profile image88
    Rob Jundtposted 6 years ago

I am a big fan of documentaries and have watched 100s of them. When you watch a documentary, I think it is good to know who the filmmaker is along with his/her history of making such films. For example, Michael Moore. People who watch his films know what they are getting, which is usually more than a documentary. In Moore's case, he is more of an activist masquerading as a documentarian. On the other hand, I have seen dozens of well-made historical documentaries that were short on subjectivity and held straight to the facts. So I guess my answer is this: it depends on who is making the film, what the purpose of the film is, and if there is indeed an agenda in hiding. Hope this helps.

3. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

As a very general statement, yes. When you have anyone writing, filming, or creating a project most of the time they will be focused on their view of the subject. The only documentaries I have found that do not do this are ones from co-directors, group projects, or someone taking on an exploratory project that they had no knowledge of when they started.

working