jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If you could talk to any Author dead/alive who would you talk to?

1. whisperingxwords profile image59
    whisperingxwordsposted 6 years ago

If you could talk to any Author  dead/alive who would you talk to?

I would talk to James Patterson because he's the Author who inspired me to write the way I do. Or Edgar Allen Poe... I love his poetry.

2. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 6 years ago

Charles Darwin. I have visited his house in Kent and am in awe that he came up with his theory with virtually no scientific equipment and very little theory to start from. An Incredible intellect.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

Most likely Philippa Gregory or J.K. Rowling. Both of them have written amazing novels, the only difference is that Gregory writes historical fiction and Rowling writes fantasy fiction. They are my biggest inspirations when it comes to writing. I hope to one day publish something half as amazing as their work. Even a quarter would do. smile

4. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I think I would enjoy Mark Twain's company.

5. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Stephanie Meyer of course! wink In all seriousness, of I could it would definitely be Dante Alighieri.

6. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

Ernest Hemingway, as long as I have go to Key West to talk to him.

7. Rev Bruce Jackson profile image76
    Rev Bruce Jacksonposted 6 years ago

Shakespeare, Dickens and Hemingway over dinner with Langston Hughes and Poe.

8. potofpoetries profile image60
    potofpoetriesposted 6 years ago

my favorite author is jack london. i would be really very pleased if i could even dream the conversation with jack london.

9. asmaiftikhar profile image76
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

I would definitely talk to Shakespeare because he is the one who paves the ways of drama writing for others.

10. Andi R profile image59
    Andi Rposted 6 years ago

I would want to speak with C.S. Lewis. One of his short books, Weight of Glory offers my favorite quote,

"We want something else which can hardly be put into words-- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it... Some day, God willing, we shall get in."

He puts into words the alluring moments in nature that call us to a glory beyond ourselves.

11. mikielikie profile image66
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

I think it would be pretty cool to meet the guys who wrote the Bible and Poe and Twain. Dante and Samuel Taylor Coleridge... He wrote The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. I love that book.

12. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I have quite a wide span in reading so this is a hard choice between authors - which makes me go for two, one at each extreme perhaps. My choice would be Jane Austen and Bram Stoker - both together at a bar lunch would be fascinating!

13. Jools99 profile image91
    Jools99posted 6 years ago

Charlotte Bronte and Sue Townsend.  Just visited Haworth (Charlotte's home village) in the Summer and was really inspired by the parsonage where she lived.  Sue Townsend writes all of the Adrian Mole novels and I howl with laughter when I read them, I'd love to meet her.