jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it so wrong to want to stand up for the man I love?

1. tobzyjen81 profile image36
    tobzyjen81posted 6 years ago

Is it so wrong to want to stand up for the man I love?

i don't get this alabama immigration law. i'm in love with a hispanic. he has been in america since he was 17 years old, but now he is 32 and america says get out. its wrong , to me its stupid . for years our government didnt say anything. it was ok if they worked here an payed in taxs. even if they work under a fake name , they paid taxs just like us. all i'm saying is it so wrong to want to stand up for the love of my life? an by the way he is in the process of getting his papers. an god made us all equal. years ago our ancesters came here where indians were natives, we were not.

2. John Sarkis profile image85
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

I believe if he's in the process of getting his papers in order, then he cannot be deported, though I'm not fully certain of this.  My advice is to ask an expert on this matter - attorney or immitration expert of some sort should be able to help you....

I don't think anyone has the right, nor the authority to tell you not to love this individual.  However, a woman can love her child, brother, or relative of some sort, but if their are doing something wrong or illegal, they should be called on it regardless of whom this individual might be?...

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i think it awesome that you love him so much but if he is in the country illegally then he is a criminal. what difference is there between an illegal alien and a person who say, sells drugs. both end up paying taxes, both have families etc., but in the end, both are criminals.

4. Deborah Minter profile image92
    Deborah Minterposted 6 months ago

I agree with you...He has a right to stay here. There was members in the Republican party that believed in giving out work visas.

All this immigration law issue, is just an excuse to discriminate.....

working