jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to spin an article? Manually?

1. dagny roth profile image78
    dagny rothposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to spin an article?  Manually?

I have a freelance job where I need to spin many articles.  I am not clear on the specifications of spinning articles.  It seems self explanatory but if I manually write these spun versions; do they need to be almost the same article as far as topic and ideas presented or do I write completely new versions?

2. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

Hi--I'm not quite sure what you mean by spinning, but I think you mean to write copy which has the same basic information written in new words, sentences etc.  I do this in my copywriting job.  In fact, I've now written four versions of the same webpages (six of them) for different clients.  I actually find it is pretty easy and goes fast to do it manually.  You are basically paraphrasing the information--putting it into different words but using just about as many words as the original.  I mix up the order of things, think of different words which mean the same thing.  Usually, I look at the original, write down the main facts from the orginial, then don't look at the original while I write the copy.  After I write the copy, I check the original to see if there is something I missed.  I think I have a hub about paraphrasing.

3. billdowis profile image60
    billdowisposted 6 years ago

The easiest way to spin articles is to take it sentence by sentence and re-write each. The result is a brand new article that is the same length and with the same subject and keywords as the original.

There is actually a program that will compare the new version to the old and tell you exactly how different they are as well as keyword saturation.

I would only take jobs that ask for a few spun versions of the same article. I have seen some requests for 20 or more versions... that just gets repetitive and difficult and will make you want to scream.

4. Nexusx2 profile image59
    Nexusx2posted 6 years ago

Well I haven't spun any articles in my time but I have read a few threads on the subject. Basically what you want to do is rewrite the topic at least 60% unique. You also might want to change the body of the article. meaning topic a, topic b, topic c is now topic c, topic b, topic a. Then you want to spin it again so your uniqueness is very high so you don't get Google slapped.

Or you could just come up with new ideas and write a new article

working