jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How long should I wait to manually submit my new Hub to a vertical sit

1. Michael Kismet profile image96
    Michael Kismetposted 3 months ago

Yesterday I submitted an article for publication, it went through the QAP within a few hours. How long should I wait till I manually submit it to a niche site? I wouldn't want to waste my manual submission.

How long does it usually take for an editor to evaluate the hub after it has passed QAP for consideration on a niche site?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months agoin reply to this

There is no point in manually submitting a new article to a vertical site. It will automatically be evaluated. If it wasn't moved, it needs to be improved before you submit it yourself.

If they do choose to move it, it could take as long as a couple of weeks.

Michael Kismetposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Well, its been less than 24 hours since it passed QAP and featured. 

Do you happen to know how long I should wait until I assume it didn't pass the editor's evaluation?  Is there a set time period?  Do they send you some kind of notification? 

Sorry, I haven't been staying up to date and need a little hand holding.  smile

1. Jan Saints profile image88
          Jan Saintsposted 3 months agoin reply to this

A month, but most are moved in the first and second weeks!

It was just moved. Thanks everyone!

2. Michael Kismet profile image96

Okay, thank you for taking the time to help me, I appreciate it.  I will be patient.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

You are allowed to submit an article for movement to the niche sites every 14 days.  However, I would only do this with articles that have not been selected within a week or two of being featured.

If a new article is good, they usually take it within a week.  If you submit an older article yourself, it can take anywhere from a day to possibly three weeks before they accept it.

If an older hub has not been selected you may want to do some updating before submitting it.  Doing this may speed things up a bit.

2. Dasia Toston profile image33
    Dasia Tostonposted 3 months ago

Apply every three weeks standard wait time is two weeks. Take an extra week to go over the article to make sure there are little to no errors with sentencing and doing this you may want to revise some of your sentences. Depending on what niche site an article is sent to depends on the wait time.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

I'd second what Jan Saints said.   If it's a brand new Hub, wait three or four weeks before you decide it hasn't been selected.   Most will move far earlier than that, but I have had one or two that were very slow.

If it doesn't move within that time, there is no point in manually submitting it "as is".  It will only fail again.  You need to expand and improve it before you resubmit.

As for Dasia's suggestion, of submitting older Hubs every three weeks instead of every two weeks - why?     There's nothing to stop you submitting a Hub, then starting work on the next Hub while you wait to hear.  Then it'll be ready to submit when the two weeks is up.

working