jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you keep writing articles?

1. Dawit T profile image74
    Dawit Tposted 6 years ago

How do you keep writing articles?

I had a bit higher expectations to how much I would own from articles. I know money isn't the only reason to write hubs but I'm sure my lack of motivation for writing hubs is because of my very very low income. And how do you get more views because I've been here for about 5 weeks and got about 240 views total.

2. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

The hub views will build up over time. The more hubs you write, the more you are noticed. I think though that to realistically earn money from writing - decent money - you need to enjoy it first of all. Writing because you have to, rather than because you want to, can be soul destroying and this will definately lead to being de-motivated.

In order to get more views you need to become very active around Hub Pages - following, reading and commenting on other hubs gets you noticed. Answering questions and being active on the forum is another way. It is very hard work and you need to be committed. I've been here for a year and am slowly building up my hubs, but keeping active as well. I don't really expect to earn anything near to decent money until I've been here quite a while longer.

To stay motivated I continually keep my eyes and ears alert for any ideas. I may not make a hub/article out of one particular idea, but it can lead onto bigger things, so I never throw any interesting things that I come across away. I also get motiviation and ideas from other hubbers and their success stories. The Hub Tutorials are also great ways to stay energetic and motivated.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

With HubPages, your best ally is patience. There are very few instances of overnight success here, but there are many instances of long term success. Try not to think of it as a source of income, but rather a hobby that gets you some extra change every once and a while. I understand the frustration. I've been here for two years and have over 115 hubs, and I'm still struggling to pull in $10+ per month. Write only when you feel inspired to write and try not to beat yourself up during the times where you don't feel inspired.

4. fosginger profile image60
    fosgingerposted 6 years ago

i keep writing because i don't feel like my opinion gets out enough. my google adsense was disabled like a week ago, lol, now i make nothing, but because i feel my opinions obviously aren't getting heard locally i get on hubpages and rant till my tiny heart is content.

working