What category does my poetry fall under?

1. Moms-Secret profile image84
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

What category does my poetry fall under?

I know that my poems are always in verse, but there are so many different styles and it has been so long since I studied that I have no idea what I fall under.  Eventually, I am going to read the hubs that teach the different styles.  Writing for me is a therapy to help get me thru a current tragedy condition.  I say it like this because it feels like an ailment that I have to learn to live with.

The truth is that I am looking to you guys as a cheat sheet.  I want someone to give me the answer, usually not my style but, hey everyone can pull it once in a while....

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I agree that writing is therapy! This question would make for a good forum. I, too, would like more instruction on poetry. Although I've written quite a bit, I do different styles. Some rhyme, some don't. I use repetition sometimes for effect. I often try to use about the same number of syllables on lines of unrhymed poetry. I'm not sure of all the rules, or if there always have to be rules with poetry. I'd like someone to give some instruction on it. I may have to do more research on it as I'd like to know a lot more than I do. Maybe others can help....

3. simone93 profile image67
    simone93posted 6 years ago

I would think dramatic....your poems evoke emotions...

working