jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think writing about everyday things is boring?

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Do you think writing about everyday things is boring?

2. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

Writing about everyday things that interest you isn't boring and people can easily relate to everyday subjects.

3. Steve Orion profile image76
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

I think so, but people who are easily amused or have simple interests might disagree.

4. Kris Heeter profile image82
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

To me it depends upon what the everyday thing is and how creative the person is when writing it.   It takes a certain degree of creativity and passion to make it appealing to the right audience but it's certainly can be done:)

5. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

No, everyday things become major issues in a lot of cases if you break it down. Like for instance an argument can lead to the end of a relationship or drinking a soda a day can lead to medical issues. Everything has a root source and the things you face everyday tend to lead to bigger problems if you don't face them.
    In terms of news, it also works that way. Like with the Penn State scandal. It started off with one accuser and now it's at nine or so. So I think if you follow something from the beginning it can be a goldmine as a writer.

6. How To Hub profile image60
    How To Hubposted 6 years ago

It depends on how you write it , I don't think so as I enjoy everyday things like eating, making love , swimming and so on !

7. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

No they can be quite entertaining. It depends on how you convey it.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Not if it is done well.  Erma Bombeck made a wonderful career writing columns that sought the humor in everyday situations.  Comedians do it all the time.  Everyday life might be mundane, but how you write about it is where the talent lies.

working