jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has anybody wrote for elance?

1. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Has anybody wrote for elance?

Make good $$?

2. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

No sorry...cannot provide any info but will explore.

3. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I've made a couple hundred bucks on there. Though you have to dedicate the time to taking their skills tests and filling out proper proposals in order to get decent offers or be accepted on bids. Message me if you have any other questions.

And personally, I prefer Odesk.

4. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

I wrote a blurb about the company. Like any cloud platform you are competing with a plethora of other people with like skills. You may get lucky and get hired or your profile may just sit there for a time. I've answered writing ads for Craig's List from around the US. I've landed writing jobs that pay $10, $15 up to $30 per article. I would rather send out my resume than to be placed on a block for hire. Elance has great BBB rating, so it may work for you.

5. wonderful1 profile image80
    wonderful1posted 6 years ago

Yes, the only drawback is that its highly competitive. I haven't had much luck with landing a gig lately, and there are often 20-40 people putting proposals on a single project. It's frustrating that writers from other countries often underbid the price.

If anyone knows of a place where writers make good $$, pass along the information, please! But if you love writing (like I do), then getting paid any amount is just a bonus to doing what you love.