jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Where do you find inspiration to write?

1. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

Where do you find inspiration to write?

Anything - articles, novels, poertry, etc.

2. JosieLee profile image77
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

My inspiration comes from my emotions. What ever I feel in that very moment will be what I write about. If I am feeling angry about a topic; I'll write about it. My emotions control what I write. That is why it is hard for me to write about a topic I am told to write. I prefer to write from the heart.

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

Most of my fiction is inspired by people, places and events in my life. My non-fiction generally comes from my interests and general observations.

4. William Mahaffy profile image60
    William Mahaffyposted 6 years ago

I like to write little tidbits of information that I think can help others.  I'm not the best writer, but I figure if I can help someone make or save a couple extra dollars, it's worth it.  My writing skills leave a lot to be desired.

Plus sometimes it just feels good knowing that  you're trying to help.

5. fernando d. profile image61
    fernando d.posted 6 years ago

others, like you, and from music. so us the view, that comes from once imagination.( creative thinking)
    Enlighten,by the present view, us we enjoy,the present surrounding.
    Relaxing,the mind,with wonders us we wander,in the beauty surrounding
    Uplifting, breath of air us we reflex on the surrounding
    Out in the middle of know where,by a river surrounded by mountains
    A meadow,soaking in nature,by a cabine.
    Freeing,the mind.To what nature has to offer.
    Words are not enough, nature is poetry in motion.Enlighten.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I've never needed inspiration to write stories, they are just there in my head and I want them on paper so I write. 

Poetry comes easiest to me when I am feeling down and depressed.  I tend to get very dramatic (inside my head) and one line will come to me like, "She left today."  I will write the line down and the poem will just follow. I may end up changing the line, but that line will be what gets the process started.

7. Danette Watt profile image83
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

From a lot of places -- something I hear on the news or read in the paper, something I see or hear. I have more ideas than I have time to work on.

8. rLcasaLme profile image72
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

My Bible, my family, my professional day job, books, current events, tutorials (helping others), and whatever that pops up.

9. Daisy Mariposa profile image85
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

My personal experiences mostly, plus things I read about.

10. xXRaelliaXx profile image60
    xXRaelliaXxposted 6 years ago

Music, conversations, articles. My inspiration comes from pretty much anything that strikes me right. My emotions play a huge role in how strongly I convey my thoughts.

11. Marlin 55 profile image74
    Marlin 55posted 6 years ago

For myself inspiration always starts as one simple idea and the story builds from there.

12. nwarriar profile image60
    nwarriarposted 6 years ago

Today my inspiration was  outside my window. It snowed last night and everything is quiet. Even my breathing is muffled. Today the sun is out and the snow is brilliant.
    So I wrote listening to music.