jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What truly inspires you in your writing; to what, or whom, do you attribute your

1. time2rite profile image60
    time2riteposted 6 years ago

What truly inspires you in your writing; to what, or whom, do you attribute your "inspiration"?

2. steffsings profile image76
    steffsingsposted 6 years ago

interacting with others and general life experiences are usually my inspiration. Also seasons and times of great change.

3. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 6 years ago

I get most of my inspiration with a mix of science and Science-Fiction.;-))

4. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 6 years ago

But my answer was too short,,, but the answer still is, Me.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Like a lot of people my childhood was not very pleasant and I was a devote reader.  I started writing because I wanted to create worlds and stories that I wanted to be in. It grew from there making stories end the way I wanted them to.  It was great fun.  It still is in a way but also seems like a lot more work.

6. raciniwa profile image73
    raciniwaposted 6 years ago

I write when an inspiration struck me, be it happy thought, sad thought, anger, confusion...i don't write mainly for the pleasure of it but for the lessons they bring...Life is mysterious, we have to take time to uncover it...

7. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

My beautiful wife is probably my most powerful inspiration. Beyond that, my fellow writers! Watching other people persist and succeed inspires me to continue to do the same! smile

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

My inspiration comes from God always, from The Holy Bible and from God's Holy Spirit.

9. Last Scribe profile image57
    Last Scribeposted 6 years ago

I get inspired by seeing writing. Whether the piece is good or bad, all writing makes me remember the feeling of grabbing a blank sheet of paper and starting that first line. Then, I can't resist experiencing that feeling and the more powerful feeling of crystallizing my thoughts in text. lol It's a bit of an addiction at this point, and I love it.

10. echoe0021 profile image65
    echoe0021posted 6 years ago

I am inspired by a lot of different things.  I suppose words and language are my biggest inspiration to write.  I love the rhythm and flow of language.  The concepts for the content in my work can only go so far, it's the passion I have for the art that inspires the art.