jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you stay motivated?

1. Zaeolus profile image67
    Zaeolusposted 6 years ago

How do you stay motivated?

I love to write, I really do. I'd like nothing more than to make a decent career out of it. I don't even want to make a fortune, just enough to live comfortably, but I often doubt myself. I'm unsure of what I want to do next, or where I want to go with certain ideas, and I'm constantly rethinking my work, and always assuming it's never good enough. What do you do to stay motivated, working, and confident?

2. learnlovelive profile image60
    learnloveliveposted 6 years ago

You have to have confidence in your directives. First you have to establish directives, though. It's a long journey of self-discovery, leading up to the fruition of confidence in what you believe and desire to accomplish in life. Your ambitions are what keep you motivated.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Well, it depends on each person. What motivates you? Is it what you want to accomplish? Is it the final goal? Typically, I make a list of things I wish to accomplish each year, print it out, and tack it next to the door so each time I leave the house, I see them. Also, for work, at my desk I have cut outs of things I would like to buy. A new bedroom set, some living room furniture, a new desk!
    If you want to motivate yourself, put something inspirational in your way. If you want to feel confident, hang your high school, associate's, bachelor's, master's diploma above your desk area or bedroom. You can even hang up pictures of places you have been, if you are proud of being there. Just keep yourself surrounded of things you are proud of and you will always feel confident.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

I simply let things be... if I want to rework an idea, before I do, I post it. If my readers like it, I leave it alone. If they do not, then I edit the work and try again. I don't look at anything as a failure, but an opportunity to learn.

working