jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you manage when you have one good idea for a hub, but you got 1,000 thing

1. gregoriom profile image76
    gregoriomposted 6 years ago

How do you manage when you have one good idea for a hub, but you got 1,000 things roaming your head?

I know there are many factors that help you whenever you're ready to write. But, what to do when you can't just click or connect those dots in your head?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

I am super right brained. My thoughts are flowing like a garden hose. My challenge is getting all of the water in the bucket. I just let it flow and edit when I am done.

There is a thing they teach in school that I don't use unless I absolutely need to . . . an outline.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Well what I did was take each thought and turn them into 1,000 or more hubs! One hub at a time, one day at a time, one thought at a time. It never ends! lol

4. profile image0
    Robin71posted 6 years ago

I unfortunately spend way to much time trying to get it all ironed out before I sit down  at the laptop, or with pencil and paper, to find out that my Muse is mad at me or has fallen asleep from boredom.  The words don't flow-the well having dried up in the process.  That of course is why I'm still unpublished.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Keep a pencil and paper around with you. I make an outline of all possible hubs to see if it is long enough, if it covers important information, and what to research that I don't know too much about.

6. marjorie2 profile image58
    marjorie2posted 6 years ago

1) carry a notebook for notes on all topics and ideas
    2) pick one and start writing.
    3) plan to write a minimum of 250-500 words per day
    4) get new ideas
    5) keep writing.
    6) toss ideas that don't seem to work on paper or
    7) save them for development later or in tandem with other thoughts.

Good luck