jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is gifting a good idea on first date?

1. maxravi profile image57
    maxraviposted 6 years ago

Is gifting a good idea on first date?

I would like to know if gifting a good idea on first date?It can be a pack of chocolates,flowers etc.

2. Anamika S profile image61
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

I think it is a great idea and can help in creating a good impression. Flowers and Chocolates are excellent as first date gifts. You can also pick up gifts based on interests or hobbies like Music or Movie CD or Books If you are aware of the interests of your date. However, it is advisable not to go for too costly gifts on the first date.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I would think it's a good idea as long as it's something simple like flowers, or chocolates like you mentioned.  I would be careful not to go too far too soon:)

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I think it could wait.  Get that first date behind you, and then if there is a second date, you might bring her flowers.  That would let her know that you are intending to continue asking her out and that you like her--without being too overbearing.

5. catchpennyfashion profile image57
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

It all depends really. If it's someone you just met it can come off as a bit too strong or even desperate. You also send the signal that you're really into her, and in a first date you really want to keep the mystery. Half of the excitment of dating is not knowing how things are going to turn out, or how much the other person likes you. However if it's someone you've known and liked for a while it can be a nice gesture but it can also backfire. You should test out the waters first and buy gifts when you'v gotten to know each other better and have an established connection.

6. Allisha Gallant profile image58
    Allisha Gallantposted 6 years ago

something small would be a nice gesture!

7. profile image0
    djsdivaposted 6 years ago

Do you want to scare them off? No gifts on the first date its trashy

8. Jyoti Patil profile image64
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Well not really. It would show you are over-interested. You can wait for next few dates. However, you can carry a chocolate bar or a simple yellow/white flower bouquet. Its a good idea.

9. luvmia101 profile image58
    luvmia101posted 6 years ago

Hold off a bit with gifts..gifts show that person you really think they are special but on a first date you really dont know that person..just get to know a girl..2nd date? maybe ya then its a little more appropriate..but first date seems a bit desperate and it won't be as special as when she gets something from you when you know each other . You may know her favorite flower or chocolate and it will be a lot more special like you are trying to please her and it isnt desperate then. It will be something she will remember if it has more of a signifiance:)

working