jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do any writers ever get talent spotted from Hubpages ?

1. singleaple profile image71
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

Do any writers ever get talent spotted from Hubpages ?

2. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 6 years ago

What a great question.  I do not know that answer, but am very interested to hear.

3. NatalieSack profile image61
    NatalieSackposted 6 years ago

I actually came to HubPages to start building a platform to court an agent with (Despite the fact that I just ended a sentence in a preposition!).  My research a few months ago didn't turn up any evidence that agents and publishers troll this venue, but I still think it's a viable medium for starting a career in writing.  It can do wonders for helping you fine tune your specific audience, which agents like you to have cemented before they sign you.  And if you do find someone from the business is interested in you, you can refer them to your Hub profile where a bulk of your work is warehoused to show them how serious and skilled you are.

singleapleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A CV already there to view - nice.

4. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. I can think of a few who've received offers including writing for magazines and writing a text book. Nell Rose, Habee, Bard of Ely are a few.

5. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Yes they do and Nell Rose - fabulous writer - is one of them. I think there are many writers on Hub Pages who are very talented and I hope that they will be spotted at some point by a magazine or similar.

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

i have been offered work as a writer for websites and magazines.It does happen

singleapleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice work - if you can get it - would love to write for a living.

working