jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What song do most people sing the wrong lyrics to?

1. Marc Babineau profile image76
    Marc Babineauposted 6 years ago

What song do most people sing the wrong lyrics to?

Songs like "Rocket Man" or "Fly Like an Eagle" are popular songs that people sing along to and get the lyrics wrong.  What is the song that is most sung along to with wrong lyrics?

2. profile image0
    DMartelonlineposted 6 years ago

Star Spangled Banner! In fact, no one seemed to comment about the glitch in the Super Bowl one - where he said "for purple mountain, majesties" when it is actually "for purple mountains, majesty"

3. CMCastro profile image78
    CMCastroposted 6 years ago

Recently I saw the movie on DVD called "27 Dresses". In one of the scenes, the woman was singing along with a recording of "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John. She was being teased by her friend about singing the wrong words. She changed the words in the song "she's got electric boots" to "she's got electric boobs", which of course caused a hilarious laughter with her friend who watched her sing it while she was socializing in the bar.   One of my favorite songs by Billy Ocean on the radio back in the 80's was "Carribean Queen- No More Love On the Run". Back then, I never really paid attention to the title of the song, and I never thought that Billy Ocean had a Jamaican accent. I thought he was singing  "Carry me, Queen Now we are sharing the same dream....."

4. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image81
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

I am going to say "The Star Spangled Banner". The line "In the rocket's red glare" has been sung wrong at countless televised events as "And the rocket's red glare". I can think of close to 30 baseball games and a handful of footballs games where the celebrities got it wrong. Then, there are the rest of Americans who sing the wrong song altogether.

For some reason, Americans think it "America the Beautiful" is the national anthem. There are no purple mountains in the national anthem. Does that count as getting the lyrics wrong?

5. granniesharon profile image60
    granniesharonposted 5 years ago

One that pops into mind is "Blinded by the Light"  wrapped up like a douche instead of revved up like a deuce!

working