jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Your favorite "What if"

1. CJ Andrews profile image90
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

Your favorite "What if"

I find that many works are based on "what ifs".  What if this happened and then what if this happened etc.  That is how we add twists to our writing or at least how I view it at times.  So what is a "what if" that you would like to see?

Example: 
    What if they found a cure for mental retardation?
    -or-
    What if someone discovered a way to use magic?

2. ar.colton profile image83
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Now if I told you that I wouldn't have to bother writing my book wink

3. CJ Andrews profile image90
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

See, I am helping relieve your frustrations  smile

4. catalystsnstars profile image71
    catalystsnstarsposted 6 years ago

What if everybody in the world was quiet for five minutes, no cars, no horns, no trains, no airplanes. No arguments, no crying, no laughing, and no sounds of toothbrush scraping teeth. What if we all just had five minutes of silence. What would that sound like?

Would you hear, the crickets more? The humming in the wings of a hummingbird? Would we hear stars twinkle and monkeys chattering among themselves? What would we hear and who would stop listening to us out there?

That's my what if.....excuse the philosophical aspect.

5. Rabia Khitran profile image78
    Rabia Khitranposted 6 years ago

What if each and every person would know the rationale behind his/her creation…

6. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I love what if's, particularly when looking at History. What if Germany had won WW2?  What if Hannibal had succeeded in his campaign against Rome? What if the Russians had been the first to land on the Moon? and so on. Its always interesting to speculate.

7. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

What if children were born with manuals on how to manage their lives--which college to attend, what career to pursue, whom to marry, where to live? That isn't likely, so what if adults were not allowed to have children before they completed a comprehensive course in parenting?

working