jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Out of the following mythical creatures, which do you like best, and why?

1. Jason Marovich profile image90
    Jason Marovichposted 6 years ago

Out of the following mythical creatures, which do you like best, and why?

Pixie, Elf, Dwarf, Dragon, Sorceress, Dryad, Djinni

Please choose one and describe at least one of its characteristics that you find appealing.

2. bigm10981 profile image82
    bigm10981posted 6 years ago

I enjoy Dragons because they are powerful, mythical, mystical creatures.  They take many forms depending on the myth, sometimes flying, sometimes without wings and sometimes as water dwellers.  They occasionally breathe fire, have reptilian characteristics such as scales and other attributes, usually always have long teeth and charp claws on their feet but sometimes they don't have feet at all.  My last reason for enjoying dragons above all mythical creatures mentioned is that a huge, flying, fire breathing, clawing, tail whip cracking dragon could kick all of those other mythical creatures ass!

3. davenmidtown profile image90
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I would choose the Elf...because they are so in-tune with nature. They have mastered the art of green living by becoming caretakers of all that is nature. I think that is good goal to reach for.

4. pharuk temmy t profile image39
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

Dwarf , reason is that, of all, dwarf is the most reasonable because of the human mentality and dwarf is more or less a man like you and me.plus dwarf has magical power.

5. Reynold Adade profile image60
    Reynold Adadeposted 6 years ago

i like the djinni because of the unlimited power they have and sometimes depending on the myth can cause great harm on a  person sometimes even death,but in other myths they cannot not kill a human but you will but  surprised what you can live through but a loyal one is always loyal and an evil one has very scary powers

6. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

Werewolves, for the represent transformation; in fact I have written many hubs about them!

7. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

Out of that selection, I'd choose a Sorceress and/or Sorcerer because with the withcraft powers and black magic I'd possess, I'd create or have any other creature come into existence that I wanted to transform into, to use as a vessel of some sorts, etc.  I would only be baleful towards the wicked, so I'd end up using malignant spells against the malign beings, sort of like the concept behind fighting fire with fire.  Fun-fun...

8. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

The dragon. Fierce, intelligent, wise, loyal, and their integrity cannot be matched. They are masters of magick and universal forces. Gorgeous reptiles as well.

9. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I would choose the dryad, the beautiful yet shy nymph of the forest who guards the oak tree against evil. I can't think of a more worthy purpose among mythological creatures than protecting nature, and I would love to live among the trees and punish those who sought to deface me.

10. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

I like the dragon best.  Dragons are powerful.  Besides going on land they are good swimmers and can fly.  So they would have a lot of freedom assuming people were not hunting them.  To me dragons represent power and freedom.

11. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

As a child, I read many of Enid Blyton books on fairies, elves and pixies. I like fairies as they are not only cute and delicate ( think of Tinkerbell) but also they are often depicted in story-books mostly by Enid Blyton as kind and helpful to children in times of their needs. In most cases, fairies,elves and pixies are often invisible to adults and are seen only by children. Elves and pixies, though also helpful and kind to children, at times are portrayed as very mischevious little people - this trait often enchanted young readers with their humorous misadventures. These charming tiny mythical creatures with pointed ears and wings tend to stay alive in the vivid imagination of children who either read or heard about them.

Closed to reply

working