jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who are your current favorite authors?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

Who are your current favorite authors?

I want to hear about living authors that inspiring people now.

2. thearbiter0808 profile image61
    thearbiter0808posted 6 years ago

I am always a fan of Tom Hanks because of the depth of his acting skills. He can portray any kind of role and does it with justice. The same appreciation goes to Leonardo diCaprio. They are two of my favorite Hollywood actors.

I am also a fan of Bollywood and consider Aamir Khan to be the best. He is like Tom Hanks, and I love his movies so far. They are inspiring and fun.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Jeaniene Frost, Kresley Cole, Patricia Briggs, Margaret Mallory, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Francine Rivers, and a bunch of psychology authors.

4. mkeith profile image60
    mkeithposted 6 years ago

Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Tad Williams, Dave Duncan...  just to name a few.

5. ar.colton profile image84
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Salman Rushdie and Margeret Atwood

and in sci-fi Ray Bradbury and Orson Scott Card

All very different, all incredible reads.

6. mtkomori profile image88
    mtkomoriposted 6 years ago

Augusten Burroughs. I've read three books by him and am about to finish the fourth, "Possible Side Effects". He is funny, but has an underlying black humor.

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

My favorite contemporary author is Bernard Cornwell. He has one subject and has written about it in a hundred different ways in just as many different novels. His protagonist is basically the same in every novel, even the the names and a few details change. Plus, he's a crabby and curt Brit. After reading a half dozen of his novels, I realized what a genius businessman he was. Also, I like him because he likes history.

working