jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I was curious if you have a special interest in a particular area of history?

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I was curious if you have a special interest in a particular area of history?

2. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

I'm not much of a political junky but I love the history of government. Learning how certain laws came into play, the stories behind the men, etc... It seems that the truth often only surfaces years after all involved are dead so I feel like though it's history, I'm the first to know. (Love all kinds at heart though.)

3. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 6 years ago

I have always had a slight interest in all history. But after my trip to Europe, (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourf and Germany) I have had an interest in WWII history. Before that trip I really didn't even like war movies. Now that I have seen where a lot of it was fought and the US cemetery in Luxombourg, the damage that can still be seen in so many places and the Ann Frank House in Amsterdam, I have a whole new desire to learn more. Greg

4. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I don't have any particular areas of history that I am interested in. I'm just interested in all kinds of history, from US History to World History.  Thanks for asking!

5. profile image0
    Oliver Pendleposted 6 years ago

I am a lover of all history, but I spent 3 years researching Mesoamerica - it is a particular interest of mine and has haunted me and gripped me since I can remember. However, there is nothing better than to look around one's own nation and find the mysterious clues to people who were here before us. I suppose my real love of history came when I went to Egypt as a child - I walked into Cairo museum and saw the mask of Tutankhamun - the shape of the face, the gold glint and burst of light - the age... it blew me away. What got me into Mesoamerica? Mystery... Mystery and legend always excited me, and I was a nut when it came to the lost Christian treasures. But mesoamerica was so undiscovered, it was still an adventure and I just had to explore it! I studied the Olmec, Mixtec, Tlaxcallens, Maya and Aztecs before moving onto the Inca and South American tribes. The culture, art and architect of these people are extraordinary ... But I could go on and on... that is my favourite part of History.

working