jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are the most violent books you have read?

1. GinnyLee profile image91
    GinnyLeeposted 6 years ago

What are the most violent books you have read?

I just finished Battle Royale and was trying to figure out if there is a more violent book ever written?  This was amazingly graphic and disturbing.

2. Exotic_Kitten profile image48
    Exotic_Kittenposted 6 years ago

mine would definately be the anita blake series see http://www.squidoo.com/anita-blake-vamp … ess-series

3. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Bugs Bunny, perhaps, or the Road Runner comics.

4. MoiraCrochets profile image84
    MoiraCrochetsposted 6 years ago

I read a novel before entitled Terrible Beauty, I can't remember who wrote it. What really made an impression on me was the act of cleaning the flesh off a person exposing the bones while the person is still alive! God, I could'nt sleep for days without nightmares of being boned.

5. Rejected Reality profile image59
    Rejected Realityposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6221928_f260.jpg

Blood Meridian By Cormac McCarthy. The story follows a young runaway referred to as "the kid", with the majority of the book covering his exploits while a member of the Glanton gang, a group of vicious scalp hunters who massacred Indians and others in the United States and Mexico during 1849 and 1850. The role of the kid's nemesis is grandly filled by the character Judge Holden, a giant man of intellect portrayed as a towering force of violence and conflict. A hard read, but a good one.

6. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

I thought the first book of demonata was creepy. I don't really read a lot of violent books to have much basis to be honest.

7. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I read Jaycee Dugard's book and it really bothered me...it made me angry, sad and sick...I was so relieved when she was rescued....I can't believe she lived like that for soooooo long.

8. profile image57
    wim99posted 6 years ago

Profiler books by John Douglas and Robert Ressler, true crime favorites.

9. petenali profile image88
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

Vampire violence is fictitious and so can be written to be as violent as you want it to be.  The level of violence in a book extends only as far as the level of the reader's imagination.  That is why movies often take away something when they are based on a book.  The movie violence (or anything else) is set at the level of imagination of the writer/director. 
    For me, Conn Iggulden's series of books about Ghengis Khan were pretty violent and based on truth.  A really good read if you have the time...

10. Mother of Zeno profile image61
    Mother of Zenoposted 6 years ago

Native Son, it was a high school requirement for me and it blew me away.

11. Andres1 profile image61
    Andres1posted 6 years ago

Ghetto Soldiers. Just like a ScareFace movie.

12. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 5 years ago

A Clock Work Orange was very violent, and The Beach had it's moments.

working