jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite fictional character?

1. Atheist Anthony profile image60
    Atheist Anthonyposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite fictional character?

From comic strips to novels what character really grasped you?

2. greatparenting profile image61
    greatparentingposted 5 years ago

Little known book by Herman Wouk, The City Boy, has a wonderful lead character named Herbie Bookbinder. He's overweight, under-enthusiastic about himself and a totally loveable loser whose look at life is unforgettable. I "met" him when I was ten and have loved him ever since.

3. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 5 years ago

I'm going to depart from your question partially and say mine id "Goatman". My buddies and I when I was a young man made up this character for anything in the dark people are afraid of. We would say we saw Goatman hiding in the bushes; or crossing a field at dusk. LOL...Blessings

4. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

I'm a big fan of the 'Sharpe Series' by Bernard Cornwell, so my favourite character is Richard Sharpe, closely followed by Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly and Han Solo.

5. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 5 years ago

Aloysius Pendergast, from the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  He has all the style of Bond, but not so plastic and unbendable.

6. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Case in Neuromancer By William Gibson.

7. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

Hmm.... a tough choice, but I'm gonna go with Blaze from Stephen King's (writing as Richard Bachman) novel named after the main antagonist. He's not so much as a hero as a tragic and bumbling buffoon, living life as well as he can while gaining help from his dead best friend, George. A wonderous character and one you can read about from start to finish, several times ^^

8. DonnaCosmato profile image99
    DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years ago

I have to agree with Marturion about Special Agent A. X. L. Pendergast - Southern gentleman charm concealing a rapier sharp wit and will! However, the other characters in the Pendergast stories are just as compelling in my opinion; I love the way Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child work in such synergy to create these novels:)

9. WretchedRapture profile image73
    WretchedRaptureposted 5 years ago

When I was quite a bit younger, throughout elementary and middle school I believe, I read the entire Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.  Throughout the entire series I really identified with the middle sibling, Klaus. He always carried around a notebook with him so that he could learn and recall as much as possible. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is my favorite character ever, but he is definitely a character that I've never forgotten due to his curious nature and his constant quest to seek out knowledge and better himself. A great model to follow.

10. catfish33 profile image81
    catfish33posted 5 years ago

Either Arthur Dent from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Eeyore,...

11. profile image0
    paralegalproposted 5 years ago

I would have to say Owen Meany, the principal character in John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. He is absolutely unforgettable.

working