jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which health article is more convincing? List of benefits with reference or pers

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

Which health article is more convincing? List of benefits with reference or personal examples?

When reading a health article, do you prefer to see research articles that support a list of benefits or the author's personal experience?

2. NatalieSack profile image61
    NatalieSackposted 6 years ago

I prefer to see a blend of both.  The combination of strong scientific data with  relevant human experience would both comfort me that I was not alone experiencing whatever health issue is addressed, and instill confidence that what I am reading is valid.

3. profile image74
    ElleBeeposted 6 years ago

I agree with Natalie, ideally I would like to see a blend of both.  As long as the personal experience details are appropriate and in good taste that is! I don't really need to know anything to personal/gruesome/gross about a strangers medical experience and procedures.

4. crazybeanrider profile image93
    crazybeanriderposted 6 years ago

A little research is always nice, but the writer's experience is valued much more in my opinion. I think reading someone else's experience with health issues and what makes them feel better and so on is beneficial to the article,

working