jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

If you were given a choice of huge wealth or fame, which would you choose?

1. kenneth avery profile image83
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

If you were given a choice of huge wealth or fame, which would you choose?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have no real desire for either.  But fame is too inconvenient.   Huge wealth - with wealth you could not only secure your future and your family's future but do great things for others.  That would be so rewarding.

3. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

I would choose wealth. Fame is fleeting. With wealth, I could help my church, secure the future of my family, and help others.

4. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

If given a choice, I would decline both. I prefer to earn my wealth and fame. When I see what these two most coveted possessions have done to people, I prefer not to have them at all. I am happy being a normal person. I won't feel comfortable saddled with either if I did not work hard for it. May be I am plain stupid, but I was raised to value hard work and enjoy its reward.

5. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 6 years ago

My immediate answer is wealth. Fame is a bit scary to me.

6. Amy Becherer profile image73
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

Since I value privacy, I would choose wealth. Fame, with a few exceptions,  is fleeting and fraught with anxiety from clamoring fans, fighting for a piece of the celebrity, little privacy and no peace of mind. 

I'd like to say I would turn away from huge wealth, but since my layoff, managing to keep my head above water is stressful and exhausting. Since I now understand the despair of poverty, I would use the wealth to insure the basics for my daughter and myself and help those in similar circumstances.  Since "you can't take it with you", I would derive great pleasure in seeing those, whose situation I could make better, rise above the struggle and enjoy life.

7. taw2012 profile image59
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

I would choose Fame through which wealth will automatically come to us.

8. rave1432 profile image58
    rave1432posted 6 years ago

With fame you can get more money, but the price of privacy is too much, so I would choose wealth. I would want to earn that wealth though instead of having it handed to me.

9. catgypsy profile image78
    catgypsyposted 6 years ago

Oh, definitely wealth! Not only for the security it would bring to me to take care of my family, but for what else I could do with it...like helping others.

10. Gemini Fox profile image88
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

Wealth, and then since you are describing it as "huge" wealth I would give a good part of it away or hide it because with huge wealth automatically comes a certain amount of fame - which I want nothing to do with.

working