jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Given the choice of teaching students mathematics or science, in which do you fe

1. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Given the choice of teaching students mathematics or science, in which do you feel you would...

have the mos success in motivating the student and why?

2. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

There is an 'unreal' element to science ie the bunsen burners, experiments etc
    I'd go for Maths. Just because it is a transferable every day useable skill.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Well definitely science.  I love the subject and it's easy to entertain while teaching while maths are a pretty dry subject no matter how you cut it.

But you need to understand math to do good science.  Kind of an enigma.

4. truebluewriter profile image64
    truebluewriterposted 7 years ago

I would go with math. We used to have tutor sessions at my house for these back in high school.

I love science but that's limited to physics and I don't much care for the other fields lol

5. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You cannot teach science without teaching logic, which is strongly rooted into mathematics. Every experiment and every proof is based on logic so science, whether it is physics or chemistry, needs mathematics. I think science is easier to motivate people with because there are so many fields of science that you can always find a topic that is scientific and that someone is or can become interested in.

6. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

The teacher has to be grounded well in that subject so that he can motivate the child in that subject.
    Inspiration leads to motivation. If a child can be inspired into anything, that leads to motivation and an urge to learn.

7. TFScientist profile image88
    TFScientistposted 6 years ago

As a science teacher, science.

Hey! you get to blow stuff up. That is motivating - particularly if you threaten to place that explosive under a child's chair if they don't finish their report wink

working