jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you make money writing erotic fiction?

1. topquark profile image78
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

How do you make money writing erotic fiction?

Inspired by NewHorizons' recent question.

Are there any websites where you can publish for money upfront or a revenue share? What are the prospects for selling it yourself (e.g. as an ebook?) Would you be allowed to put adsense ads on an adult site?

2. Damiendarby profile image59
    Damiendarbyposted 5 years ago

I doubt adsense works with erotic/adult fiction. As to whether or not it'll sell depends on a mixture of luck, the quality of the content, and a proper marketing strategy perhaps. I would say write it, edit, format for ebooks and publish on Amazon for starters. I myself tried a couple short ones under a pseudonym but they didn't do well, probably because I'm a guy.  A female friend of mine however wrote one that she thought was utterly horrible and made thousand of dollars.

Get busy writing.

3. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

Interesting I am planning a website for this very thing.  I am planning to launch the site in the next three months and to collaborate with women writers in this genre.  Maybe we could explore something together?

1. Viva Jones profile image74
      Viva Jonesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lizam1 - I write in this genre and would be delighted to collaborate!

4. lin8t profile image82
    lin8tposted 5 years ago

I've written erotic fiction, you can self publish on Amazon and smashwords. You will need to build an audience, have a blog, twitter account. You can do have guest authors on your blog, give your first book free, the sky is the limit. It may take time to build an audience as does anything but if you peserver you can make good money. Good luck

5. Viva Jones profile image74
    Viva Jonesposted 4 years ago

If you're writing short stories, there are lots of publishers out there, both print and e-books, or you could always self-publish.  I find my hubs about erotic writing are disabling ads though.