jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Who is your favorite romantic writer?

1. jainismus profile image69
    jainismusposted 5 years ago

Who is your favorite romantic writer?

Who is your favorite writer who wrote romantic stories and/or novels?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6408091_f260.jpg

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

I don't have an absolute favorite.  I enjoy a variety of writers for different reason...the romance is mixed with mystery and intrigue; or the characters are fun or funny; you get to enjoy the scenery right along with the characters, etc.

Some of the romance writers that I really enjoy for the reasons mentioned above are Nora Roberts, Kay Hooper, as well as, Janet Evanovich and Fern Michaels.  I like writers who are able to make the romance primary and secondary at the same time.

3. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Danielle Steele!!!! The best, I've read a lot of her novels and she's one of the best writers for romance.

4. Aley Martin profile image77
    Aley Martinposted 5 years ago

ah....I was excited to see this, as I thought it was about romanticism!

Romanticism (or the Romantic era/Period) was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe towards the end of the 18th century in Europe and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1840. Partly a reaction to the Industrial Revolution,[1] it was also a revolt against aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and a reaction against the scientific rationalization of nature.[2] It was embodied most strongly in the visual arts, music, and literature, but had a major impact on historiography,[3] education[4] and natural history.[5]

The movement validated strong emotion as an authentic source of aesthetic experience, placing new emphasis on such emotions as trepidation, horror and terror, and awe—especially that which is experienced in confronting the sublimity of untamed nature and its picturesque qualities, both new aesthetic categories. It elevated folk art and ancient custom to something noble, made spontaneity a desirable characteristic (as in the musical impromptu), and argued for a "natural" epistemology of human activities as conditioned by nature in the form of language and customary usage. Romanticism reached beyond the rational and Classicist ideal models to elevate a revived medievalism and elements of art and narrative perceived to be authentically medieval, in an attempt to escape the confines of population growth, urban sprawl, and industrialism, and it also attempted to embrace the exotic, unfamiliar, and distant in modes more authentic than Rococo chinoiserie, harnessing the power of the imagination to envision and to escape.

Madame Bovary! by Flaubert.

5. tomjoseonline profile image68
    tomjoseonlineposted 5 years ago

Romance !! most of the world are known by writers in English or other popular languages. But there are many good writers in various regional languages around the world. My favorite romance writer is a writer in Malayalam language called as Mr. M.T. Vasudevan Nair. His novels and short stories are marvelous. Though I have read many famous writer's work in English, His work has really good.

6. Deborah Minter profile image92
    Deborah Minterposted 6 months ago

Jane Austen..... Without a doubt is my favorite.

7. profile image60
    Top Gamesposted 2 months ago

Top 10 Best free Offline Android games 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTHOt8l1hA

working