jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I want to write a noble, how can I do this task?

1. leenamartha profile image39
    leenamarthaposted 5 years ago

I want to write a noble, how can I do this task?

2. profile image55
    tlmntim9posted 5 years ago

Would that be a noble, novel?
    Nobel prises are not written, per say?

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

First, learn to spell "novel." Just sayin'.

4. leenamartha profile image39
    leenamarthaposted 5 years ago

Sorry for spelling mistake, I was in hurry so I spelled it wrong

5. Patkay profile image90
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

Oops! They are blasting you for your typos and they are still making lots of them. Anyway, back to your question. To write a novel is not a very easy thing if you don't have ideas or an idea of what you want to create. Yet on the other hand, it is very easy if you know what you want to write about. I have written one novel though its being reviewed for possible publishing.

So, how I write is that I lay out (conjure up) ideas in my mind before then writing them down ignoring the typos and all that. As ideas keep flowing, I keep on jotting them down. Eventually, you will end up with your draft novel. The next part is editing. Checking grammar, typos etc. Something else also happens during editing, you get fresh ideas and you include them in your manuscript.

Well try it out and see if you will be able to make it. But remember you have to do a lot of reading especially on the genre you want to come up with just to get ideas. You can check some short stories in my profile but I am not saying they are the best examples.

If you like challenges, go for it recalling that a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

6. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Hi leenamartha!

I've written 10 books, but I'm still working on my first novel. I strongly encourage you to write every day. And don't rush. Let it pour out of you, but then retype it and correct it with excellent grammar and spelling. Only share parts of it more than a week after you've written them, and only with people you deeply trust.

Spend time with writers and supportive people. For how to stay with the creative process, follow The Artists Way by Julia Cameron. And read books about writing. The horror author Stephen King has a great book for beginning novelists, On Writing.