jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What are some benefits of writing a diary?

1. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 5 years ago

What are some benefits of writing a diary?

I am thinking writing a personal diary regularly.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

A list of the many benefits of keeping a diary or journal are outlined by someone who has kept one since grade school. read more

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I've tried on various occassions, but with my life being so disinteresting, I have little use for one. So one could keep track of events if they're outgoing, social, met a new friend/passerby, trying to talk out problems, need to keep a secret. There's many reasons why and why not to.

But it won't cost any more than £/$5 to get a book and pencil, and start scribbling thoughts down. The rest, is up to you ^^

4. S.D. Stephenson profile image68
    S.D. Stephensonposted 5 years ago

Writing a diary will give you a timeline of your life.  I have kept a diary since my teenage years.  It is interesting to go back and read your views about certain issues or time period.  A diary can measure personal growth and be a reminder of goals, dreams and ambitions that sometimes get lost in the daily hustle of life.

Some people are able to take the entries of their diary and turn it into a book or screenplay. I say go for it.

5. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

You will reap the benefit of boosting your self-esteem.  Record positive experiences--situations in which you excelled, conversations in which someone paid you meaningful compliments and so on, and read them when your morale is low.

6. unvrso profile image93
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

Writing a dairy is a way to record your daily experiences in paper. In the future, you will have a good resource from where to write about your own personal stories. By keeping a dairy, you will always remember the little details that make up your personal life, for instance, a special moment in your life, personal relations, close friends, etc.,

7. lawdoctorlee profile image87
    lawdoctorleeposted 5 years ago

Writing helps you to express emotions, keeps the mind sharp, and increases self-confidence. read more

8. baygirl33 profile image59
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

I've always kept a diary.It's a good way to recall your teenage thoughts for instance,to recall if you were really that unhappy as you thought.

It's great when raising children to keep dates of illnesses like measles,chicken pox and especially in girls,if and when they had german measles.This is important to know later when they're at child-bearing age.

I've always wrote the dates that were important in our lives,like birthdays,first day of school,what the children liked and didn't like in food.  Also it's good to keep track of allergies and accidents they might have had.
    Besides there's always favorite toys and animals that were once part of the household and have since gone.  These things are a delight to read in later years especially if you are a writer.
    And if you're sad and troubled,writing your thoughts makes your heart lighter.

9. girimybf profile image60
    girimybfposted 5 years ago

I think that some benefits of writing a diary is being able to look back on it later in your life and being able to laugh about things that have happened in the past.

10. anusujith profile image79
    anusujithposted 5 years ago

writing a personal diary regularly is a good habit.It will give you relief from your sadness and can recollect your memories.

11. Zvezda profile image60
    Zvezdaposted 5 years ago

The advantages of writing in the diary are what you are writing a diary,  a man throw all their thoughts from their head, and put them on paper, these thoughts were beautiful or ugly. After the liberation of man thinks he feels more relaxed, better ... The diary is like a dog, that is when you are sad and when you're happy, there is that you remember and some memorable moments you've written before,and that they occurred in the past

I am from Serbia, and I do not know if everything is written in grammatically correct, but I wrote via Google Translate,and I hope you understand.

12. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I mostly write a diary to remember dates and events. As memory of a date often will escape me when recalling a certain event, I write it down. I use to write in a journal everyday to ease stress and look back at it months later to see if I still have the same thoughts about what was bothering me back then.

Check out my hub: http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/KEEPING-A-JOURNAL

13. HawaiiHeart profile image76
    HawaiiHeartposted 5 years ago

A diary allows you to reflect on your past and can help you see things from a different perspective. It's a place to write down your most secret throughts and your most treasured memories, and ultimately, as you read through it, it can help you grow.

working