jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you write every day?

1. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 6 years ago

Do you write every day?

I find that now that I'm writing hubs I want to write everyday. Even if its just a personal blog post I come up with an idea to write about and put at least 500 words on the screen. I find that it keeps my mind active and allows me ponder matters other than my classes. Writing has become a great release for me!

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

Thing is, is that HubPages isn't about "personal blog posts", so you're better off just making something on Blogger where you can't get flagged constantly. But I have to agree, HubPages is my number one stop for putting thoughts down. I find that time away from the computer (when my laptop was in repair for 3 weeks, still is for example), I've found more ideas for reviews and critiques. So far, I'm working on a new fictional crime story.

So far I'm doing some form of writing each day for about two weeks. It may not be published, but perhaps sitting there waiting on the "My Account" page.

Stephen King once said, "If you cannot find around four to six hours a day to write, how can you possibly hope to become an author?"

3. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

I write everyday when I am at home (which is most times).  When I'm away for a weekend or more, my environment may not be conducive to writing.  So my answer is "Mostly."

4. MatthewLeo1701 profile image72
    MatthewLeo1701posted 6 years ago

I agree. I used to write everyday on anything that floated to the top of my head. Once I got into restaurant management, I found time to be fleeting, and the majority of it was taken up by my family and work. I have recently since found ways of working around that and making time for my passion. I have so much to get out there and I want to personally thank Hubpages for creating a venue where we can be ourselves and truly contribute to the world at large.

5. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I'm busy with school and haven't been writing every day, or even sometimes once a week.  It's rough because it's one of my favorite things to do.  All in good time, right?

I had some advice from someone who said "Just write a sentence a day."  That, of course, is likely to spawn into a lot more than one sentence.  I'm going to try it and hopefully will realize I do have the time to write more than I have been!

6. chivs86 profile image81
    chivs86posted 6 years ago

I suppose it's really how you define writing.  I would say I definately write everyday, I'm writing now.  I'm writing when I need to remember something.  I am writing if I do a crossword etc.  Facebook, Twitter e.g.  I would like to say I write creatively everyday, but I don't think I do, because I always want to write more.

7. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

I try to, but some days are better than others. I am, however, writing in a number of arenas, including maintaining two blogs, putting together my twentieth Hub, and working on my third book. (I hope to publish this fall....)

8. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

Yes I do.

And I never have writer's block. I don't think there is really such a thing. After all builders don't get builder's block, do they? They just keep laying the bricks down one after the other. So a writer, if it is her or his job, must keep laying the words down one after another.

Writing is my job, so like anyone else with a job to do, I get up and do it. Even when I feel bad, even when my writing is hard to achieve. I give myself no choice. I say to myself, "It's your job. Get up and go to work."

So, yes I write every day. I aim to get down a minimum of 1000 a day, sometimes it's more. Sometimes the words are great, sometimes they need a lot of fixing. Sometimes it is irredeemable drivel but I keep calm and carry on.

I also read every day. I think a writer must read. Seems obvious but you'd be shocked at how many aspiring writers don't actually read.

1. Catherine Kane profile image81
      Catherine Kaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think there is such a thing as writer's block, but there are ways of breaking through it

working