jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (23 posts)

How often do you write (and for how long at a stretch?)

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

How often do you write (and for how long at a stretch?)

2. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 7 years ago

I was  doing about one or two a week for quite a while. Then I had a block for two or three weeks but I just finished my newest one. A few minutes ago.

3. cookibuq profile image60
    cookibuqposted 7 years ago

you mean physically write with a pen ? hardly ever, except for signatures and the occasional doodling, birthday cards...My pen has been replaced by my keyboard hmm If you mean write as in typing a hub etc, I write everyday for a good few hours...

4. kathryn1000 profile image60
    kathryn1000posted 7 years ago

I write every day for hours and hours!I think I am an addict.Sometimes I get inspired and sometimes I just struggle.But I love it.

5. Karen Wodke profile image62
    Karen Wodkeposted 7 years ago

I try to write every day. Sometimes hours at a stretch, other times in spurts and taking frequent breaks. How about you?

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

AS the spirit moves me.

I may write 5 a day, edit and hone them for several days.  I may not write for several days.  I only write or speak when there is something I wish to say.

I have never published 5 a day.

7. Ann Mason profile image60
    Ann Masonposted 7 years ago

I write hubs after being inspired, and it's usually instantaneous.  Sometimes I spin out several hubs, then go a spell without writing any.  My articles are usually involved anyway, as my topic of choice is a person.

Whatever the context, they are always uber-urgent; as they fall out as quickly as I can type.  I don't do drafts, just spill it out.  I also create positive quotations and they're usually done without outside impetus.

Whatever feels right at the time is perfect for any writer : )

8. Airikah profile image58
    Airikahposted 7 years ago

depends on my moods, what im feeling.

im probably an emotional writer. i use my senses to the paper its where most people hear me, feel me or understand me.

9. Kind Regards profile image68
    Kind Regardsposted 7 years ago

Luckily, I don't have to write for a living, so I can write what I want when I want.  I keep my Hubs and have two blogs.  I average less than one Hub a month.  One of my blogs gets updated quite infrequently, but the other one gets a new post every few days.  I write for less than a few hours at a stretch.  I typically start it and finish it.  I don't like leaving writing projects in progress or I'll never return to them.

10. charkamman profile image61
    charkammanposted 7 years ago

Try to do one every day, sometimes I write more. I want to leave them overnight to stew, and then edit and publish the next day - but often I find myself publishing them straight away.
    I try to write for one hour, but with research etc it is often longer than that.

11. MrsInfertility profile image71
    MrsInfertilityposted 7 years ago

I write for a living so I generally spend at least five hours a day everyday writing. Now that I've joined Hubpages I am trying for one hub a day,and I spend about an hour on each.

12. SEOInternetGeek profile image48
    SEOInternetGeekposted 7 years ago

i write when i get the instinct to write, even when i get the idea or writing different topics i used to be lazy and not write until i wish to....

13. Zaiden Jace profile image68
    Zaiden Jaceposted 7 years ago

I write everyday and several times a day. As soon as a good thought enters my head I have to write it down. I can write for hours or just long enough to get the idea down.

14. FunabashiJ profile image58
    FunabashiJposted 7 years ago

If we're gauging this in days, then I write just about every day, missing maybe one day a week or so. As for time, it may be as long as six hours or as short as a half an hour. A lot of it really has to do with my schedule, but I try to make as much time as possible.

15. deutsched profile image75
    deutschedposted 7 years ago

I usually write an article every 2 weeks or so, cause most of the days I'm writing tutorials and lessons for my website.
    It usually takes me a couple of hours to finish an article.

16. yolanda yvette profile image60
    yolanda yvetteposted 7 years ago

I write when I feel like it.  And for however long I want to write. 

If I'm not in the mood, I don't do it.  It's hard being creative when I'm not really up for it.

17. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

The more I write the more my hub personal hub score drops, and drops, and...........well you get the picture.  I'd possibly write more if not for that little fact.

18. lillm profile image60
    lillmposted 7 years ago

I try to write for an hour a few nights a week and then longer, maybe 3-4 hours, on the weekends. Since I'm so new to online writing, a lot of my "writing" time is actually spent researching the process.

19. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 7 years ago

Well, I write articles and copy for a living so it's pretty much 8 hrs a day.  The downside is that by the time I get home, I have little enthusiasm left for writing, which means my own projects remain dormant for the time being.

20. Kain 360 profile image95
    Kain 360posted 7 years ago

I write about 7-14 hubs a week. On another account though

21. medor profile image60
    medorposted 7 years ago

I love to write early in the morning, usually for 2 hours at a stretch.  I write every week day.  My routine...  I start off with about 1/2 hours of editing small parts (like a chapter or so) of my work to get the juices flowing, then work for the remaining time on new writing.

Good luck Earl S. Wynn

22. Michelle Moore profile image54
    Michelle Mooreposted 7 years ago

I write almost everyday about anything or just typing on my keyboard. I'm still figuring it out how to be a good writer. smile

23. ron0540 profile image60
    ron0540posted 7 years ago

I cannot put writing on a schedule.  There are days when the information, ideas, questions, thoughts, conflicts, etc just flow.  Those day's are the one's where I have to fight to find logic and organization in the things I want to write about.
    Then there are those days when there is nothing.  Days when I cannot create a thought to put on paper, or type into my word processor. 
    I do not consider myself to be creative.  But I do believe I have the ability to ask relevant questions, and organize thoughts that support the topic at hand. 
    How often do I write?  As often as I have ideas.  As often as the thoughts flow.  As often as I can.