jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you realize that what you write you share with others and may influence them

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Do you realize that what you write you share with others and may influence them for good or for bad?

When we write we give a little piece of ourselves to others , hopefully having good influences on each who read.

2. Eugene Hardy profile image61
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

We do it in our conversation, we do it to ourselves in our dreams and thoughts.  When I write I share my mind, in an effort to communicate with people like myself, hoping that every exchange be a positive one for the reader.

3. ch3sterturley profile image60
    ch3sterturleyposted 5 years ago

I have a personal blog on a different platform that causes me to question this all the time. In sharing my life, I'm sharing the way other people affect me. Sometimes those people aren't as comfortable with that as I may be. I wonder all the time if I would be better off just keeping a private journal, but a huge part of the reason I write is to share my thoughts with other people, and a diary doesn't give you that same opportunity. I don't know where to draw the line between sharing too much and holding things back that would actually benefit someone out there. When I find an answer to the conundrum, I'll let ya'll know! But one thing I haven't considered is the possibility that there are people I don't know and will never meet who read my words. Who knows how their lives may be different because of the things I say. Ooh. Lets hope that it's for the best. I don't take random things I disagree with on the internet too seriously anyway!

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Yes, I know what I write may have an influence on others.  I hope to write something which gives someone else inspiration to live a happy life.  The mistakes and triumphs of my own life's journey being shared with others could prevent someone somewhere from making a huge life changing mistake. If I help just one person it will be worth the time to get it out there where others will see it.  I'm no expert, but living past fifty brings us to many hurdles won and lost.