jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have a large personal library? If so, where do you keep all your books?

1. Brainy Bunny profile image95
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

Do you have a large personal library? If so, where do you keep all your books?

Our bookcases are spilling over, and we need to decide whether to prune our 1100+ book collection or just find better storage methods. Any ideas?

2. laurathegentleman profile image77
    laurathegentlemanposted 6 years ago

I've always been a fan of using the library system - free books! (I'll only buy if I'm sure I'll read again and again and again!)

My mom has a large book collection from her younger days (that's a WHOLE lotta' romance novels!) and she forced my dad to build a couple of bookshelves in the house. They have a little nook in the wall by their bedroom and he build shelves straight into it for a space-efficient bookshelf!

3. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

We have about five tall bookshelves full and overflowing. Choosing which ones to donate or sell somehwere is difficult. I must have twelve or so that I have not yet read, so we are on a no book buying regimen at this time. My daughter got me an IPAD for Christmas and I have yet to download a book for it.

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

No suggestions, but a lot of sympathy. My wife and I have over 1,500 books in a small house, and have bookshelves lining the walls of the living room, my office, and half the bedroom. They spill! They cover dressers! And we haven't gotten up the courage or heartlessness or whatever to get rid of any of them! (I'd say we've let go of less than 20 books in 30 years.)

working