jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your favorite author?

1. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 6 years ago

Who is your favorite author?

What type of books does s/he write?

2. Thrifty Lady profile image90
    Thrifty Ladyposted 6 years ago

Great question!  I like Ayn Rand who wrote intellectual novels and Sue Grafton who writes a series of mystery novels.

1. mbyL profile image82
      mbyLposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering my question. I have been having problems to find some new good books and only read literature from the 18th and 19th century, but I will seriously check Ayn Rand out. Thanks!

3. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 6 years ago

If I pick a favorite, I guess it would have to be Ernest Hemmingway.  I have read just about everything that "Papa Hemmingway" has written, and have immensely enjoyed each book.  I think it's because in each and every one of his books and short stories, I felt like I became a part of that story....I don't know if you can identify with that, but I find myself immersed in a good book for hours and I don't want to put it down.

4. Unleashed Freedom profile image60
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

i have so many that it will not be a short list.
    terry pratchett for his truly amazing humour and ability to show reality mixed with fantasy. its ... WOW.
    bill bryson for making simple things look madly funny.
    tony parsons - man and boy and man and wife. emotional and profound!
    p.g wodehouse ofcourse, for the fairy tale romances
    malcolm gladwell for intriguing me and getting my already curious mind more curious
    carl segan for writing some of the best science books as well as science fiction books around
    kurt vonnagut for being wow... hehehe. really, he is. black humour at it blackest.
    howard marks, if your interested in someone who has been there and done that and then 100 times more smile
    well i could go on smile

5. unknown spy profile image73
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

today..my fave authors wer Lois Duncan, Nicholas Sparks, Danielle Steele, Sidney Sheldon and RL Stine smile

working