jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Who is your favorite author of all time?

1. ashish04joshi profile image71
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Who is your favorite author of all time?

Well, I just finished 'The First Man' by Albert Camus...and it has been a fantastic three days read. I had already read his 'The Plague' and 'The Fall' but this one is over and above any work I've read.

Who is your favorite author?

2. Eric Mikols profile image79
    Eric Mikolsposted 5 years ago

I ended up writing a whole Hub about this but I'll always say Michael Crichton. He was always able to write in an entertaining and though-provoking way. "Jurassic Park" and "Timeline" are some of my favorite books.

1. Faceless39 profile image94
      Faceless39posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've read all of his books, and love how he can get me so hooked that I'll read all day and night until I finish.  But I've found his endings are usually disappointing.

3. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

I like Lois Duncan the most.........................

4. Rimzim profile image59
    Rimzimposted 5 years ago

Robert Kiyosaki,
    Paulo Choelo,
    Robert H. Schuller
    Chetan Bhagat
    Rashmi Bansal
    Shiv Khera
    Braiyen Tracy
    T. T. Rangrajan
    Joseph Marphy
    Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam & many many more.......................

Don't know who is my fav author, because I like them & they all are my fav.....smile

5. radhapriestess profile image65
    radhapriestessposted 5 years ago

Jane Austen. She is the point, not wordy, but gives get descriptions of the culture and times. She is an advocate for the rights of women in the stories she writes. She shows that men were harmed by the system, too. This is so brilliant.

6. profile image0
    Elijahokelleyposted 5 years ago

Although its mostly non fiction and economics, I really enjoy Henry Hazlitt's material

7. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

My favorite author is a classic author, Thomas Hardy.  I love the time periods he wrote about, the characters he developed, and he had a grasp of vocabulary and the English language that has never had an equal.

Some of his more famous works include:
    Far From The Madding Crowd
    The Return Of The Native
    Tess Of The D'Urbervilles
    The Mayor Of Casterbridge
    Jude The Obscure

I love all books, but classics are classic for a reason:  they're timeless stories of humanity.

8. Jodi Ralston profile image63
    Jodi Ralstonposted 5 years ago

My answer used to be different, because I lived and breathed fantasy.  But now, I think it has to be Georgette Heyer.

working