jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you think poetic verses are capable of invoking such vivid images?

1. dmop profile image75
    dmopposted 5 years ago

Why do you think poetic verses are capable of invoking such vivid images?

Poetry is capable of creating panoramic images, though often times they can be very different for each reader. Isn't poetry wonderful?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6469386_f260.jpg

2. samsammy profile image58
    samsammyposted 5 years ago

From my words poetry is very good and wonderful for me, it will create a good feelings in heart, every time it will come from deep from the heart.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I love poetry and to write poems. Each time I choose a topic, I accept it as a challenge to write a message to the reader in rhyme and have a vivid image of what I am writing portrayed in this. I want to create a mood and tone, adding color in my verse that captivates the reader. I have been writing since seventh grade and am now in the later years of my life. Poetry has meant an escape, a communication outlet, and a "feelings sounding board" for me over the years. I once wrote a poem about how a picture can be painted using words, and this is how I can best answer your question. We paint pictures for the reader to visualize as we write using our choice of words as symbols for the creation. I am an artist and often paint landscapes and wildlife. I truly feel that although a picture can paint a thousand words, so can a few words paint an equal image of beauty.

4. samtebbutt profile image81
    samtebbuttposted 5 years ago

Poetic verse can invoke vivid imagery because the structure of poetry is about rhythm and rhyme. Words become more condensed and powerful. This could stimulate the readers imagination to imagery

5. cruelkindness profile image78
    cruelkindnessposted 5 years ago

The writer is able to not only create a visual imagery for the audience but use such in depth words creatively that he or she draws out the readers emotions from their own life experiences to leave them with an unwilling feeling that loses them in their imagination.

working