jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Am I the only one who finds 'Blogger' as being difficult to navigate ?

1. CriticalMessage profile image79
    CriticalMessageposted 5 years ago

Am I the only one who finds 'Blogger' as being difficult to navigate ?

I can not figure out how to read new articles, search for new articles, see new articles so it has the feeling like I am the only one there.. What am I doing wrong ?... Any insights will surely be greatly appreciated.

2. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Don't worry. I find it confusing too. I don't bother with blogger for following blogs. I set up a google reader account. It lets you view blogs and similar websites with RSS easily and in one place. It will also alert you when new things have posted. So you don't have to constantly check the actual website.

If you have any questions about exactly how to do that just ask... Or maybe when I stop being lazy I'll make a hub about it.

1. nochance profile image91
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here is some information about Google Reader. http://nochance.hubpages.com/hub/Using-Google-Reader Hope this helps.

2. CriticalMessage profile image79
      CriticalMessageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you nochance ! I see your 'reader' tips below, and again, thank you. I am not versed in RSS either. All these tools on the internet that I do not know how to use is a bit ironic if one were to understand what my influence on developing it was.

3. Robin Cristy profile image61
    Robin Cristyposted 5 years ago

You just have to play with it.  Sorry.  But then you remember something like downloading a fabulous picture and it wasn't even hard, not like the first time you did it, and your page looks so professional...and then you read your work and it sounds so great!  A day later you check back and wonder... And the next day you check back and wonder... And then you really do wonder... Am I the only person who reads my really cool blog?

Thank you Robin ! I just do not see it in blogger what so ever. It is the feel, the vibe felt. Just not there If I need to spend ages to figure something out it is not something I am likely willing to interact with. I never had issues with downloads.

4. Eric Calderwood profile image82
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

You are describing me on Blogger!  I can only see my own blog.  I don't know how to find other blogs, not to mention blogs in my category.  It does make you feel like you are all alone on that site.  Why don't they make a community section on their website so people can interact? Or, do they have one already and I just don't know how to find that either?

1. nochance profile image91

Blogger isn't separated into categories so you can't search that way. If you're looking for similar blogs you basically have to google it. Blogger has a google+ page where I guess people hang out and you can ask questions there.

2. CriticalMessage profile image79

Thanks Eric ! Now I feel better. It's just so cumbersome and not enjoyable at all. User friendly it is not. Which is why I can not understand its popularity. I guess I would need to be a bigger geek than I could ever be in order to appreciate it.

5. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Yes; personally, I like wordpress.com much better

Thanks D22313.. That was going be my next testing ground.. But initial impressions have already caused some concern.. And I trust my instincts and intuitions.. It took me less than 15 minutes to figure HUBS format out. A good result for the newbie me

6. LisaMarie724 profile image79
    LisaMarie724posted 5 years ago

Nope, I tried it before and couldn't figure it out.  To be honest, I only spent about 30 mins. trying but hey if it takes longer than that to figure out I move on lol.

Thank you Lisa. I am starting to feel a lot better about my poor experience. I like the idea of establishing an audience. We are all here for that to some extent. Just not at the expense of frustrations caused by user unfriendly sites. I gave 60 min.

2. nochance profile image91

I've never had any trouble with my blogger account. Then again I created it when the interface was a bit simpler. I don't post much so I don't have much of a following.

7. libby1970 profile image72
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

I don't use blogger. I've heard others complain about that site... If it is a bother I just wouldn't mess with it... find another site that is more user friendly. Good Luck.

8. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I have a lot of problems with blogger to get pages to look the way I want them too. I think it is difficult for visitors to find the pages too. Google own it and needs to do some work making it better.

9. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

I have never been a 'Blogger' person, but recently, I did some postings for my client. I found it with a pretty user-friendly and easy interface. I am not sure if that was because I was the admin.

You just click the 'view post' button (I guess that's the name) and all the posts are shown up in a chronological order.

P.S: I checked, and it is the 'View Blog' button. Best of luck.

10. American_Choices profile image77
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

Oh, my! Can I relate! I return to HubPages with JOY!!!! Yes, I am shouting with JOY!!!!

Both Blogger and Wordpress are sites where the computer programmer simply did not finish.

HubPages, on the otherhand, is refined and easy to use, read, and connect.

I have to give HubPages' management and staff high marks.

IF you have not tried Blogger or WordPress - you must! You will run back here with a new appreciation of the great management team and community that HubPages offers.

I blog because of HubPages - I know Google loves WordPress and private websites but I am on the world wide web because of the professionalism here on HubPages.

working