It is Official I am no longer a proud adsense earner!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (46 posts)
  1. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 12 years ago

So my suggestion to hubpages is that maybe you might like to look at alternate like say Ad Brite for the people who like me who are in the same position. I have 140 hubs up and I can see that I am still having the odd advertisement inserted onto my pages for which I will not receive payment; maybe that is quid pro quo for hubpages hosting my pages - that would make sense. But even better for all would be another advertisement provider for publishers.  cheers

1. QuestionMaster profile image78
      QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have a linked Adsense account, Hubpages will put the same adverts up but take 100% of impressions.

How did you lose it? You should have got an email giving you the reason.

1. ajcor profile image60
        ajcorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi QuestionMaster -  I have a video  account where I put my hubpage address as my url for people to view. Nice strategy and it was working for me at both Google and hubpages - i could see the earnings rising daily until ---- I saw another site which I joined that advertised watching videos and being paid - great I thought will suit my other video site (with all my adsense pages 800+ plus hubpages 140+ pages on them)  and so I put two of my video urls onto this new site for other members of the new site to view my videos.
        Within two days I had lost my account with Google. Seems it was a hits increaser site without any TOS or Faqs - my fault should have realised but was stuck on the video aspect...too late she cried as she waved her wooden leg!!!
        so now I am looking for replacement ads for my 1000+ pages ...
        can anyone help?   thanks  cheers

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would appeal to Google about it.  Some have had success at being reinstated though it may have been a long process.

2. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 12 years ago

Ok I have put my information up here in the hope someone can help me earn some money from hubpages and so far no one has come forward---looks like I will have to find a new home for my hubs - somewhere where there is an income not dependent on bloody google adsense! I see no good reason why my work should generate an income for other people while I do not receive remuneration for it.... there must an answer somewhere.... cheers and thanks in advance for help from someone who knows what I should go or where I should go....

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have no clue as well! Try creating your own website and link to it from your present hubs (only right categories) it may help. Go for adbrite I say

1. ajcor profile image60

thanks lobobrandon - will take a look at adbrite - good idea...seems a shame to take down my hubs when I have have had really good traffic - on one in particular..cheers
        do you think this work with a blog also?

I meant don't take down your hubs - they're well established I guess? Just create a blog or your own website or something in the same niches as your hubs and link to it from your hubs - that way you won't loose your traffic.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There isn't much point to traffic unless they are earning too.

BUT, if Ajcor keeps the high trafficked hubs here and includes links to point viewers to his new blogs or domains, then yes that is an excellent strategy.

I have a hub on my new subdomain that instantly attracted a lot of hub views. That died away, and the hub lay dormant for a few weeks.

I added a link from a well-trafficked hub from this subdomain, and the other hub now gets 20 or 30 referred views per day.

So, it works. It also works on outside sites and blogs.

Ajcor, check the PR of each hub before you remove it, too. A high PR hub is good place to add a backlink to another new venture you have, because the higher the PR of the backlink, the higher Google judges the new site to be.

Yup your right smile

2. ajcor profile image60

IzzyM - obviously need to read your hubb soon but where do I see the page rank? the page views of one of my hubs sits at 145,000+ so maybe that would have a good page rank but don't know where to look...cheers

1. IzzyM profile image86

I use SEOQuake to see the PRs of sites. It's a free browser extension and is a bit of a system hog, IMO, but very convenient.

Your profile page alone is a PR3. Nice one smile

1. ajcor profile image60

Thanks I never knew...cheers

1. ajcor profile image60

@ IzzyM  The banned hub has a PR of 1...is that good? meaning is that a low number or a high number in the great scheme of things - am assuming that if the pr of 3 on my profile is OK then this must be better than OK? cheers

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Oh Ajcor I am so sorry this has happened to you.

I'm afraid I have no answers for you. Maybe someone will come along shortly with some ideas.

1. ajcor profile image60

Thanks for your concern IzzyM - very sweet of you...cheers

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

If it's any help, Google do seem to be favoring their own sites at the moment, so blogger blogs do well.

At least, in my experience.

BUT, you have to be as focussed there as you are here with respect to SEO.

I haven't looked, but with 146 hubs you surely have several in a specific keyword range, several groups.

As Blogger blogs are free, I would create one blog for each group so that your posts are all related, and title it well.

If your chosen titles are all taken, add a number somewhere. Google will ignore the number anyway.

So, I dunno, you could have 10 blogs with 14 posts each? You can add to them anytime you like, or more, I don't know what stuff you write about.

I have a hub called How to Optimize a Blogger Blog which works. Well, not the hub on a slapped account obviously, but the contents as far as it relates to Blogger.

It's a bit of a pain messing about with the html of blogger and setting up and promoting rss feeds, but trust me, it's worth the effort.

You can add any affiliates you choose with Blogger, as far as I can see.

The important thing seems to be to keep you blog title search friendly and on topic.

Good luck smile

Keep your Amazon sales hubs here so you still have the community here behind you smile

1. ajcor profile image60

I think the blogger idea as a matter of fact I do have a few over there already that I have not had much to do with so may resurrect them and do the linking thing ...great idea IzzyM because I actually hadn't thought about the fact  that some of my hubs are quite aged and this way as you say I can use the traffic flow... will read your hub called How to Optimize a Blogger Blog and learn from there ---will get back to you and tell you what I have done and if it has worked. cheers

1. ajcor profile image60

this was just a case of the brain moving faster than the fingers on the keyboard...the first words should have read I think the blogger idea is a good one because as a matter of fact I do have a few over there already that I have not had much to do with so may resurrect them and do the linking thing - fact is I have about 5 so will go to work on them...cheers

2. rmcrayne profile image92
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info Izzy.  I started a little blog that has all of 45 or so views.  Maybe in Jan after I wrap up all my school stuff, I can see what I can figure out.  I'm afraid the info on what I need to do may fly over my head though...

1. IzzyM profile image86

Nah..it's not that difficult, its just a PITA having to do it.

5. thisisoli profile image77
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

join affiliate programs and use amazon to earn soem cash smile

1. ajcor profile image60

have done and am in the process of removing whatever else I can from my pages..thanks for helping thisisoli...cheers

6. Jerrico Usher profile image56
    Jerrico Usherposted 12 years ago

It would be a great idea for HP to add other adsense like options that allow hubbers without the ability to get adsense accounts to have an alternative (and equally as powerful) incentive that makes it possible for them to continue in the program... this way adsense and non adsense (both the same type of business/ads) options would secure instead of cause panick...

1. ajcor profile image60

I totally agree Jerrico Usher..- I am happy here but if I cannot make it work me now what other options do I have...cheers and thanks

2. ajcor profile image60

I totally agree Jerrico Usher but it just doesn't seem to be happening here...cheers and thanks

1. BeatsMe profile image53
        BeatsMeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi ajcor, sorry to hear about what happened to your account. Couldn't you really get your account back? I've read about a site "devhub" where you can earn even without adsense. But I'm not sure how good the site is, you could give it a try if you want. I've been reading good reviews about it, so far. You can check it out if you really can't get your adsense account back. Hope you find an alternative income for your hubs. Good luck.

1. ajcor profile image60

Thanks BeatsMe - will go over and take a look - am at the moment trying out the blogger linking thing back to hubpages - unfortunately can't see where the links appear on the blogger page -- ah well maybe I am a bit off centre at the moment and things will be better tomorrow. cheers.

2. ajcor profile image60

Just been over to devhubs and it looks really good with lots of ways of earning money and am in the process of putting up a blog called CanCookWillEat.devhub. The money earning bit goives many opportunities such as text ads, affiliate links, 3 sreas where you can promote products, one to promote offers, travel, etc so many it looks good..cheers and thanks for telling me abut it BeatsMe...cheers

1. BeatsMe profile image53
            BeatsMeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi ajcor, hope it goes well with you. Give us an update on how the site is. smile  Best of luck.

1. ajcor profile image60

will do - not quite up to speed as yet...

7. jcales profile image52
    jcalesposted 12 years ago

Uhh, apply with a business name now or LLC. different address, diff tax id. If you make $1k plus from Google per mo. it is well worth it. the kicker is, it is a tax write-off as a business expense. Although, I would also like a good alternative

1. ajcor profile image60

Thanks jcales I did wonder about this, but wouldn't it become known to them when I used the new id on all my old sites? not sure how that would work although in the future it could I suppose...cheers and thanks for that. Food for thought.

8. Bard of Ely profile image78
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I make hardly anything from Adsense here now but do get money from eBay and the Hub Ads progam. Many people do well with Amazon too though I can't claim to be one of them. These are other ways of generating money here. Very sorry to hear what happened!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I finally put up a few eBay capsules on my 1 million views hub to see what would happen (never used ebay/amazon really) and I got one click (no buy) but made 9 cents- that was pretty exciting especially since they didn't buy and I still made money- just learning about these two capsules earning potential- I've always known "how" they worked and how to set them up but never how they work on the back end- I always focused on adsense or ad programs...

any one have some good hubs to point me to to read more on how to use them effectively (saving me research time essentially)?

I had no idea you could earn from eBay without actual sales- I got 708 hubs to put these on and I'm dam excited to add eBay and amazon to them all now! Sure 9 cents isn't much but it's a precedence that makes me realize I'm leaving money on the table- big time.

Adsense has dropped almost completely off the radar for my adsense account- but on hubpages the earning/ad etc... programs are all generating a ton of money compared to my previous state- I am earning twice what I made with adsense earnings combined with hubpages before... it's just a matter of sticking in there, writing more hubs and utilizing ALL of the opportunities availed to us here... I've probably left thousands on the table by not using eBay/Amazon- but now is a good time as any to get it going due to the new program shift...

Good Luck Bard, you'll get there- it took me 2 years to really hit what I call a successful earnings start... it only got better from there (now 4 years).

1. IzzyM profile image86

WTF has this got to with the guy who lost has Adsense account?

Nice to be nice and all that, and good to hear of fellow hubbers doing well, but the OP in this particular thread lost his Adsense, which effectively means he has lost all earning potential here.

Got good news? Start a new thread.

To the OP, look at what a 'very' previous poster said. I'd go for that!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
          Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was replying to Bard, threads often go off track when other topics come up, didn't mean to offend Izzy. And losing your AS account doesn't mean you can't get another one, I know people with 4 AS accounts- further, no need to get grumpy about people segmenting in a thread- this happens all day on all threads, this IS a community right? sheesh no WTF needed here, that's just rude.

2. ajcor profile image60

will go and look thanks  Izzy - re  ebay and Jericco Usher talking about leaving money on the table that wouldn't work for me because this affiliate link is combined with adsense and that- as you rightly said - is out for me ..will need to keep trying to get on top of things...chers

9. whoisbid profile image62
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I am told that all you need to do is get one of your close family members or relatives to sign up for a google account

10. Rising Caren profile image79
    Rising Carenposted 12 years ago

Without adsense, this means you cannot earn from HPAds or Ebay, but you can still earn from amazon. If you decide to stay on HP, I'd say  try to focus on amazon-style hubs and reformat any old hubs to include amazon if needed.

For those hubs that you simply cannot make work (efficiently) with amazon, deleting them and posting them elsewhere might work. You might have to wait for de-indexing as many sites nowadays don't accept duplicate content. But if you delete them now, hopefully they'll be de-indexed faster.

It would be nice if there was an adsense alternative for those who cannot use Adsense or a way for HP Ads to be used without requiring an adsense account.

1. ajcor profile image60

I agree with the alternative idea and wish that hubpages would do something to help those of us who are now out in the cold - annoyingly I was just starting to make a little money with the hubpage/adsense programs and now adsense won't even pay me for the work I legitimately earned from which is incredibly rude and arrogant as my stupid misdemeanor was over the course of only 2/3 days and I am sure there is no way i could have $172.00 over those 2/3 days ! I have written more than 4 emails and they just don't answer me. So high handed I am gobsmacked!

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how much time it'll take for hubpages to switch to squidoo model but for now you've only option of squidoo or maybe niche sites of your own. By the way have you considered content blocker with youtube videos  or CPA ads with youtube? I have seen few people having success with that (personally my success is very limited with content blocker because I don't get teen trends easily on YT).

1. ajcor profile image60

all suggesions gratefully received skyfire  - I haven't heard of content blocker or cpa sites - although I purchased a WSO on this just today.. will look at the content blocker idea and let you know how I go...cheers and thanks again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)