jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I have been enjoying reading poetry on Hubpages but why does poetry not make the

1. suzzycue profile image92
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

I have been enjoying reading poetry on Hubpages but why does poetry not make the best hubs?

I was reading the rules for the apprenticeship and they said no poetry or fiction will be accepted for this apprenticeship. So where can I read what does make the best hub for hubpages? Can someone point me to something that can help? Thank you in advance.

2. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

I took a quick look at the Apprentice Program Requirements.  I don't believe that they are saying poetry and fiction are bad.  If I understand it correctly, poetry and fiction are not "search friendly".  I am not sure what that means but they seem to be concentrating on factual or opinion article writing.  On a personal note, my fiction and verse tend to not be evergreen, except for one hub that is mainly limericks.  Google seems to find that one easily.  Perhaps, they have not worked out how to help the more creative Hubbers?

1. suzzycue profile image92
      suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you leroy64 for clearing this issue up. I think the creative is why we are here.

3. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Very few people search google looking for poetry, and when they do they usually end up on websites dedicated to poetry by famous poets. If they're looking for short stories they're going to end up finding ones by more famous authors.

The hubs that get found are "How To" guides and hubs containing evergreen information on a specific topic.

Consider what you search for on the internet. Where do you go to find that information? Do you automatically type the question into google? What sort of results do you get? Think about what you would have to type into google to find your hubs.

4. teddi6 profile image75
    teddi6posted 5 years ago

I love poetry.  I was just as curious as you.  There are some very gifted poets here on HubPages, but their work goes unnoticed, and thats really sad.  When I have found poetry here its been by accident, I went to read a Hub and found a poem, ya know.

If you think about it poetry has always been that style of art that people never really took seriously.  I think it's because it's so subjective, and so personal that not everyone gets it. Maybe you could suggest a way for us poets to have our work noticed somehow. That'd be great (!).

working