jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

If you could own a first edition book, which one would it be?

1. Marisaupa profile image60
    Marisaupaposted 5 years ago

If you could own a first edition book, which one would it be?

Imagine that neither cost nor accessibility were to be an issue; which piece of first edition literature would be a must have for you?

2. wayseeker profile image93
    wayseekerposted 5 years ago

I'd go for the bible.  I think that would be a winner.  A copy of the Iliad would be a nice addition to my collection as well.  smile

3. RunningDeer profile image81
    RunningDeerposted 5 years ago

The Great Gatsby. Hands down one of my favorite books.

1. Teylina profile image59
      Teylinaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No way to pin to one. I'm fortunate to have been able to get a few over the years. Stupidist thing I ever did was GIVE my mother Michener's 1st ed FIRST BOOK-- Tales from the South Pacific. None of the "classics"-- guess Carver's Dragons in the Stars

4. MayG profile image89
    MayGposted 5 years ago

Pride and Prejudice.  I know it's cliche, but it really is my favourite book of all time.

5. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

What a question.  For me, it would be either Lewis Carol's "Through the Looking Glass" or "The Prince" by Machiavelli.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes; one of the greatest books ever written and one of the most valuable. It was writtten in the waning days of the Spanish Empire when it briefly led the world in literature and progress.

7. Derek Slark profile image83
    Derek Slarkposted 5 years ago

Without taking value into consideration, I would have to go for J.M.Barrie's "Peter Pan & Wendy", complete with illustrations by Mabel Lucie Attwell.

8. MBAdomaitis profile image75
    MBAdomaitisposted 5 years ago

"The Velveteen Rabbit." The most wonderful and enlightening children's book ever written smile

working