jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you find your writing muse?

1. Daniella Lopez profile image92
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

How did you find your writing muse?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image81
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Miss Smith was a young, beautiful, gifted Roman Catholic lady with a passion for teaching. I was fortunate to have her at a time (during my first, second and third grade, formative years) when I was in great need of a great mentor. She must have... read more

3. Anju Arya profile image59
    Anju Aryaposted 5 years ago

I think that it is self-generated. In which atmosphere we live we take effect as well as subconsciously and be motivated to write same. Besides it  is the blessing of Goddess of wisdom (Maa Saratov) where she give a turn to our muse to write. Inspiring  my personal experience I have made  a prayer "Some poetry - flowers, dedicated at the feet of Mother Sharde"
                You can read it on my hub ' The Thirst  Of My Soul---- My Poetry'.

4. nilaeslit profile image82
    nilaeslitposted 5 years ago

I never knew I had the talent in writing until one of my teachers in high school appointed me Columnist in our school organ. I just did what I was instructed to do then - nothing more.  A year later, she told me to participate in a nationwide essay writing contest, which I obediently did.  I won, but that was not a big deal to me, then.  For me, writing was just another school activity.  Finally, months before I entered college, the same teacher told me to take Journalism or Mass Communication course.  That was the first time I ever asked why.  For which she said, "because you have what it takes." Honestly, I was perplexed. I did not understand what she was talking about.  But I took her advice, anyway.  It was only on my second year in college that I came to realize that I have, indeed, "what it takes" - Communication Arts is where I belong.