Do you think they will ever get around to making a Deadpool movie?

1. BraidedZero profile image89
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

Do you think they will ever get around to making a Deadpool movie?

They have been talking about it ever since X-Men: Wolverine came out. Ryan Reynolds' character was the only good part about the movie, at least his part in the beginning. Do you think they will finally authorize it?

2. Mr Tindle profile image79
    Mr Tindleposted 5 years ago

I would think they would at some point. The Deadpool character is too popular for Disney / Marvel, not to try and cash in with a big blockbuster, movie hit at some point.

3. Joseph Howard profile image73
    Joseph Howardposted 5 years ago

The script was leaked back in '09 and was written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (The guys that did Zombieland).  I may or may not have read it (Spoiler: I did), and it was absolutely fantastic.  It's quite a ballsy premise and totally changes the superhero genre, especially the most widely popular superhero movies being released nowadays.  Deadpool's creator, Rob Liefeld, said recently, "They may or may not have shot some test footage," which is cool, I guess, but coming from him, I take it with a grain of salt.  Anyway, a rated-R superhero film for a specifically niche audience would be incredibly risky for the guys signing the checks, which has sent the film to development Hell.  As of now, the buzz has died down considerably, but we are all pulling for them to get things going again.