jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe the stated claim that "Over 50 Million people discover HubPages e

1. CriticalMessage profile image78
    CriticalMessageposted 5 years ago

Do you believe the stated claim that "Over 50 Million people discover HubPages every month."?

That's a lot of people... And although I am a fan, and participant... That's an awfully big number.

2. Jennifer Stone profile image86
    Jennifer Stoneposted 5 years ago

It's probably the amount of non-members that read articles here, found by using a search engine, and not necessarily joining HubPages themselves! I don't know that for a fact of course, but like you say, it's an awfully big number...

1. eHealer profile image87
      eHealerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jennifer, I think your right, it's the amount of hits on hubs by search engines. Hubs are ranked high on Google, and I imagine get hits often.

2. CriticalMessage profile image78
      CriticalMessageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Discover" is the word I have issues with... 50 million people "Discover" it... That's 600 million people who discover it in a year! And to "Discover" means that these are all new people who have never been aware of it prior to their discovering it.

3. snoblet profile image84
    snobletposted 5 years ago

It can happen, but at 50 mil people discovering meaning those are unique users, and within a month is a lot.  You have me thinking now, how long before they run out of unique users, the world population is about 7 bil.  the amount of time to fill up would take almost 12 yrs.  more than a decade, 50 mil is a huge number.

1. CriticalMessage profile image78

Consider how long they have already made this claim, and with future growth I would say that based on their numbers 1 billion being served is probably closer to 7yrs... Integrity and credibility is often forgotten when it comes to marketing claims.

2. Jennifer Stone profile image86
      Jennifer Stoneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it includes regular visitors that don't actually join? But I do agree... now it's been put like that it does seem a bit far fetched.... but some people get a million hits a day or more (they claim, I don't lol) :-)

3. CriticalMessage profile image78

'Regular visitors' would not be "Discovering" it then... They had already found it once.

4. Damodar Bashyal profile image72
    Damodar Bashyalposted 5 years ago

They are just trying to lure new writers! That's what I think because i get just 1 visitor once in a while only lol :-)

5. Patty Kenyon profile image76
    Patty Kenyonposted 5 years ago

Interesting Question...I love researching different topics, and prior to joining HubPages, I would look for a topic of interest on a search engine and sometimes the topic was linked to HubPages. 

As Jennifer stated, most of that number could be non-members reading the articles--however, over time, perhaps after being linked here so many times, they join.

Also, HubPages shows up on many Job search sites, and that would help the numbers as well--people looking for a job.

And as others pointed out...a marketing ploy to draw new writers and build up the reputation.  It is a big number, however it is possible that it is plausible.

working