jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the most important factors of writing online?

1. Brett.Tesol profile image50
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

What are the most important factors of writing online?

Many people swear by different methods for writing online. Some say that content is all that is needed, as they write about whatever they want. Others focus on keywords, social marketing, socializing and other aspects. What do you feel is the best approach to building your online presence?

2. tjdavis profile image60
    tjdavisposted 5 years ago

I wish I knew the answer to your question myself. I have been writing on HubPages for about 4 months and I have been writing about different things. Before I write anything, I decide on a title then I go to the keyword search and see where it places on Google. I then proceed to write. I know people have made it seem like it's easy to get a writing portfolio up and running but it's not, but if you love to write then just write and write good quality content. Write about things you love and know. That's what I've learned since being on here.

3. Redberry Sky profile image94
    Redberry Skyposted 5 years ago

Writers that stand out to me when I surf the internet are the ones I can recognise by their writing.  But I think everything you mention plays a part in building an online presence - I think every little thing probably helps.  I can't say for sure because I've tried very few things so far, but writers with a finger in every pie *do* become much more visible.  The names I remember are the ones I see doing something every day, and if I see them outside of HP - writing on another site maybe - I remember them even more.

4. Lyn Diano profile image39
    Lyn Dianoposted 5 years ago

I think it definitely has something to do with its potency to move the readers... But if you're talking about online visibility, it needs the power of both SEO and a well-written article.