jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are the best Stephen King stories and/or movies?

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What are the best Stephen King stories and/or movies?

I've seen the movies IT, Pet Semetary, the Secret Window, and several others.  Do you have a favorite Stephen King book or movie you would recommend.  It doesn't matter if they are short or long stories.  Thanks!

2. Redberry Sky profile image95
    Redberry Skyposted 5 years ago

I absolutely loved 'Full Dark No Stars' - a book of long stories.  Definitely fireside tales!

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I've never seen any SK films that I have enjoyed or thought that they had particularly good story lines, certainly none good enough for me to go out and buy a book and read it.

4. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 5 years ago

The best books from him for me would have to be Gerald's Game and Christine.

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

"Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption."  A short story which turned into the blockbuster movie, "Shawshank Redemption" starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.

6. theclevercat profile image93
    theclevercatposted 5 years ago

The Shining is the best Stephen King movie, in my opinion.  The book is excellent, too.  Also, I really enjoyed The Talisman as well as Needful Things (books).

7. isabelamadaun profile image61
    isabelamadaunposted 5 years ago

I've heard great things about Dreamcatcher as a book though I have never read it.  I really like the Green mile movie, and I hear that the book was just as good.  Does this help?

8. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

I have seen Pet Sematary, Carrie & Thinner. Each of these films is unique in their way - the most scary among these films is of course Pet Sematary. I read the book 'Cell' by Stephen King. It is a gripping read!

9. Music-and-Art-45 profile image96
    Music-and-Art-45posted 5 years ago

In my opinion these were his best books and the best film adaptions of his books.  I have not read the Dark Tower Series... I imagine that would probably join my list of books.

Books:
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    The Green Mile
    Different Seasons

Films:
    The Running Man
    The Green Mile
    The Shining
    Carrie
    Misery
    Stand By Me
    The Shawshank Redemption

10. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

I don't know if it's the best, but The Shining (both novel and movie) is, for me, the scariest. I would certainly recommend it to a brave soul. Had to sleep with the light on for days after reading the book. Jack Nicholson's crazy look in the movie haunts me to this day. *shudder*

working