jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you write more from your head or your heart?

1. KristenN4Boys profile image65
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

Do you write more from your head or your heart?

My Hubs are 100% my heart and soul. I can write recipes, give reviews on products, and debate with anyone over politics, religion, etc. But I choose not to, because what motivates me to express myself is life's experiences.

2. kallini2010 profile image80
    kallini2010posted 5 years ago

Is there a difference?

I think what you are talking about "What happened to me and others and how it happened and what I think about it".

To write about emotions you have to use your head, because it is your head that perceive them.  In the end, everything comes back to your mind which is your head.

1. KristenN4Boys profile image65
      KristenN4Boysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You make a good point. And, they can be one in the same depending on what you're writing about.

2. kallini2010 profile image80
      kallini2010posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can give a good example of an emotional story about how to cook (or rather not to) - two boys are left to their own devices to cook one dish after another and all of them ruined.  The story is so funny that I have to read it to my son 100 times.

3. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

actually, for my recipes i write from my stomach

MENENIUS Note me this, good friend;
    Your most grave belly was deliberate,
    Not rash like his accusers, and thus answer'd......
    http://cascoly.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Re … -the-World

4. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

I try to write from the head, but sometimes, I end up writing from the heart; however, I prefer writing from the head as it gives me a more accurate understanding of the topics I'm developing.

I prefer not to mix good reasoning with my feelings. Thinking logically has bring about better results in my life, whereas, giving much heart has not.

When I write, I prefer science than fiction. While fiction can allow you to expand your imagination, science just takes you to the facts about nature, and the physical world.

5. point2make profile image79
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I start out "from the head" but it almost always end up from the heart. I cannot write without the passion and emotion coming out in the words. My hubs can be rather long because of this tendency.....but. I love to write and I feel strongly about many things. I guess it's true....I am what I am.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Head. I don't entirely understand how you can write or do something with heart, other than tasks invloving being in the company of others.

working