jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you subscribe to any newspapers?

1. cactusbythesea profile image86
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

Do you subscribe to any newspapers?

I do not, but I do read the online versions of several different newspapers.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I work for a newspaper publisher so I get mine free every day at work. That's about the only advantage to working there nowadays (SIGH).

3. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Yes we subscribe to the local ..Sentinel .. USA Today..and New York Times...
    I read them vs the internet...like to get the view points of the reporters first hand...
    Not everybody has internet access..even though they have a computer...we need to keep the old ways alive..written books, newspapers..etc...if electronic gadgets go awry..communications would be non-existant...scary thought..

4. Pennypines profile image60
    Pennypinesposted 5 years ago

Yes I still read the paper versions of the news, as well as the online ones.  I am a voratious reader and frequently send in a comment, fortunately for me most of my remarks are published. 
    I find it very rewarding that a lot of people read my missives and respond.

5. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

yes, I get the NH Sunday news. I love to peruse it over coffee on lazy Sunday mornings and when it's read, I tackle the crossword puzzle.

6. serendipitypalace profile image54
    serendipitypalaceposted 5 years ago

Yes, we subscribe to one of the local newspapers in the area.  Still prefer to newpapers over reading news on the web as it covers all the international, national, local events, etc  instead of having to search all of the topics individually on search engines and wasting time. Thanks for opening up this topic.  Also,  alot of people that worked for the newspapers have been layed off due to customer loss of interest in buying newspapers.  Maybe there could be a happy medium.

7. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

Yes. Mostly to keep up with current events (good and bad) and checking for the "unusual." And, yes, I like the paper versions--ads and all (can throw them out)--esp Sun, as opposed to on-line reading

working