jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Newspapers - Which one do you subscribe to and Why?

1. Vellur profile image90
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

Newspapers - Which one do you subscribe to and Why?

I subscribe to the Gulf News. I like the way news is presented, the format and interesting topics covered. I specially like the Tabloid which gives you the latest news in fashion, entertainment and the upcoming events in the city. What about you?

2. rachelingram3 profile image61
    rachelingram3posted 5 years ago

I do not actually subscribe to any newspapers, I would go into a shop and by one every so often but prefer to read news through apps on my smartphone.

I find this is much more convenient when out and about.

My preferred app is BBC News which is for the UK but also has sub-content specific to certain regions. It also features a World News section.

This app includes all the information I need.

Would you agree?

Vellurposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree. There are some people who still love to read a newspaper. I am one of them!!!

3. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

I don't subscribe to a newspaper.  In fact never have.  I find that anything I want to know is accessible online.
    We do get a local free paper which I will read because of the local relevance but my personal feeling is that newspapers, in the form they have traditionally been, will become obsolete in the not too distant future.
    I just cannot see the generation coming up bothering to sit down and read a paper when they are way more comfortable sitting in front of a screen/tablet/smartphone.

Vellurposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes everything is accessible online but I still love to sit with my coffee and read the newspaper.

working