This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

How does one copyright their work in South Africa?

1. moiponetsoka profile image72
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

How does one copyright their work in South Africa?

2. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

The easiest/cheapest way to 'copyright' your work in any country, is to mail it to yourself. I know it sounds weird, but having a sealed and post-dated envelope with your work inside will establish in any court of law that you are the creator of that work, should anyone attempt to use it without permission. Mailing something to yourself is a much simpler/cheaper alternative to going through the actual legal process of copywriting something, and will protect your creative license just as well.

1. carol3san profile image60
      carol3sanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This would be my answer also.  I don''t really know of any othe way that will be more effective.

working