jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I want to get my stories out there but don't want them all stolen what is a safe

1. profile image45
    grace ardelposted 8 years ago

I want to get my stories out there but don't want them all stolen what is a safe way to do this?

2. shirleybill profile image57
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

Publish your stories. You always retain the copyright to your writing. If you don't have a place to publish them at right now, check on http://articlewritingincome.com. When you feel that you have enough content or stories then i would suggest that you put them into book form. Publish America actually does publish your book, and they do a lot of advertising for you also, to make sure your book gets out there. Mine is overseas also.

3. lkbarrett profile image55
    lkbarrettposted 8 years ago

You can use the "poor man's copyright" to protect yourself. When you finish writing, don't publish right away, but make a printed copy of your story. Put it in an envelope and mail it to yourself. When it arrives in your mailbox, DO NOT OPEN IT, but place it in a safe place. THEN publish your original work.

Should you ever experience copyright infringement, the sealed envelope and postmark from the post office is sufficient evidence that the material in the envelope predates first electronic publication, which should be yours, since you sensibly waited to publish until you had proof of copyright.

This method has been used to successfully demonstrate copyright in a court of law.

4. profile image0
    blueraven6posted 8 years ago

I am guided by something Jesus [Yeshua] said: "Nothing shall be hidden. Everything will be made known."

In short, it's a very spiritual love story between me and my readers.

How can that love be stolen?

It can only be shared.

5. Linda Pearson profile image54
    Linda Pearsonposted 8 years ago

Always register your copyrights. You can do that at http://www.copyright.gov/. Go to the copyright office web site and read everything you can about how to protect your work. It is a small fee ($35.00 at time of this writing) to register your copyright and it gives you better legal rights against infringement.

working